Friday, November 11, 2011

A day in the life of Arizona

Nothing new to report really. We are doing well. Today we all had the day off (school and work) so we went to the Phoenix Zoo, unfortunately so did everybody else. It was crowded but we got our fill of animals again and can wait for awhile to see more. When we got home, Joseph started a fire and we cooked up hotdogs and smores. We invited our neighbor family friends to join us. It was just right.

We "landscaped" the backyard of our rental home, with permission and it has been fun to see it evolve. We put in 2 garden boxes, a couple hand-me-down plants and second-hand rock. I used to laugh at the little (very little) circle or hour-glass shaped grass sections in Arizona backyards, but now we have one too. Actually the winter grass has not grown in yet, but the seed it planted. It may not grow, but it was fun to try. I just want enough grass in the summer to put a slip 'n slide or sprinkler in the center for the kids.

I have been serving as RS 2nd Counselor for several months now and in many respects it is not getting easier. Specifically, I get so nervous to be in front of the sisters. Last night I conducted a weekday RS meeting and was shaking the entire time. I get so nervous I usually end up in tears, as I did last night sharing my feelings about using our God-given desire to create in sharing the gospel. As I serve, I am amazed and appreciative of the service of sisters worldwide and those who have served in the past. I love Relief Society and the sisters apart of it.

It is nice to keep in touch.
Love, Amy De Graw

No comments:

Post a Comment