Well, it is true. Marriage is wonderful. Rachelle and I just completed the first month and a half of our lives together, and we are loving it. It was a little tricky making our schedules compatible and staying on top of school and work, but we're doing it.
It is too fun to build your own home. I love being able to put things where we want them and to have our own space. I love that we have control over every aspect of our lives. It is easier to plan for the future this way. Being single is great, but marriage is where the true fun begins.
This past week Rachelle and I attended her brother's wedding (Rachelle's poor mom has been ambushed with wedding planning for most of the last year). It was great. We got to be the ones relaxing and enjoying the festivities. We especially liked being able to really listen to the sealer instead of being nervous and starstruck by each other. His words were so wise and eternal.
I am blessed with wonderful in-laws. They are kind, fun, and accepting. I am glad that I look forward to spending time with them. They are a great blessing to me.
I also had a fun time being the videographer at Rachelle's brother's wedding. I saw how much fun Clark had filming ours that I wanted a turn. Shane, my brother-in-law, asked me two days before the wedding if I would film. I was more than happy to. I got to finally use my new shotgun microphone and go around talking to people. I think the footage and audio came out great. Loads of fun.
We are still finalizing our wedding gifts (returns and gift cards) and organizing our apartment. Every room is done except for the extra bedroom. It still looks like a disaster. But everything is coming along in time.
I have an awesome announcement (at least to me). No, we're not pregnant. I have just created the Barrus Family Youtube page. I've been wanting to do this for some time. We have a blog, website, Facebook, newsletters, and so forth, so why not have a youtube page as well?!! My plan for the page is to put up old family video clips (short ones) of family reunions and other moments we can all enjoy, videos from current events (current reunions/weddings/gatherings), and anything else I think people would enjoy.
But I want everyone to feel welcome in posting a video. If you want to share a snippet of your kid's recital or something else you think the family would enjoy, please contact me and we will put it up. I want this page to be a place that we can all find new ways to connect and share with each other. Family letters are awesome, but videos are unique and additive in being able to share our lives with each other.
Here is a link to the page: youtube.com/barrusfamily. Please, let me know what you would like to see on this page. If you have any creative ideas, also let me know.
Love,
Reid & Rachelle Gardner
No comments:
Post a Comment