What a beautiful day! I spent the morning at the elementary school where I volunteer weekly. I got to take down bulletin boards and input grades into the grading system. Then I watched part of the morning assembly where each class in the PK-5 school performed a song, poem, or story in honor of "I Love To Read" week. Lydia had memorized a page of the book "I'll Love You Forever". She had been reciting it all week, I was very impressed. After lunch I invited a friend over to play with Lydia and Megan. All girls got in their swimsuits and I moved all the chairs and kitchen table into the living room. I put our plastic pink pool on the linoleum floor and filled it with maybe 2" of warm water. I left them to "play" for about 30 minutes and when I came back they were wet from head to toe and still water in the pool. I mopped up the water and my dirty floor. Not the most sanitized, but my floor looks cleaner. I'll take it!! I was going to have the girls help me mop the floor with the water from the pool, but they wanted to sit in the pool instead and the rest is as I said.
Joseph is still working one class at a time towards his MPA. He is enjoying the classes and doing better than he ever has in school so that is good. He and I are trying to lose weight and get healthy again!! We miss the days in Rexburg, ID where we walked to and from class or around campus or several blocks to the park. And we don't have a baby anymore. No little-little kids to walk to the park or chase around. I didn't appreciate the natural exercise from daily living. Now it is a little harder to get our bodies moving. We bought our first cheap scale several weeks ago and it is already broken. Isaac was playing with it. I guess it is just as well.
Megan turns 4 the first of April!!! She is so tall lately. Sigh... I got to hold an 8 week old baby recently and it was heavenly to fill my arms with her tiny body. Megan is still a cuddler so I am lucky. Just now I snuggled up with her because she was beyond tired. I began telling her a story until I dozed off. When I came to, she was just dozing off herself.
Baseball has started for Isaac. He loves actively playing the sport and he is pretty good, but he is easily bored with the slow pace of practice and outfielding. So, we'll see if he wants to sign up again next year. We have been attending baptisms for the last few months for Isaac's friends. One more month until Isaac is baptized!!
That's enough about us,
Amy DeGraw and family
No comments:
Post a Comment