Monday, March 19, 2012

Yay For Family Letters!

Yay for family letters! I know I don't do a very good job of writing every month, but it is nice to hear from everyone every once in a while. Thank you!

So as for the Windhorst family we are doing well. Matt is still working hard and plugging away at school and work. He is such a fun daddy with the time he has left in the day. Eliza gets so happy to see him when he comes home, she wiggles like crazy with her big toothy smile. I love it. She is now 9 months old and has quite a personality. We love how she dances when there is music playing and the things she does to get us to copy them. She has just started to swish water over her face in the tub. She keeps doing it and taking big breaths and breaks out in a huge smile in between the waves. I can't figure out why she loves it so much, mom says she is a thrill seeker. I think so too.

I just taught my first joint Young Women's lesson. Such a small thing, I know but I am really starting to enjoy my calling. I am quite proud of how my lesson turned out. It was a reminder to me that if I do what I can, the Lord will fill in the gaps. With the youth April and I were able to go to the Best of EFY. It was WONDERFUL!!! I forgot how much I enjoy listening to speakers like that. It was an odd feeling, I can only describe it as my spirit feeling so thirsty and drinking it all in with gusto. It was great and also a reminder that I need more than just daily scripture study. I didn't really realize how 'thirsty' I was until then. How thankful I am to be a member of the true church. I am so glad I don't have to deal with all this crud on my own. That sounds so negative, there is a lot of good in the world too. And I am a lucky woman to be so blessed.

My last bit of news is that I joined the Syracuse Symphony. They just started one. I haven't really played since high school so of course I was a little nervous. Dad assured me I wouldn't be the only viola. Well...I was and had to sit front in center right where the conductor can hear every mistake. I was pretty wobbly and was embarrassed how bad I sounded. When string instruments sound bad, they sound bad! It was still fun though. The sound was one thing to deal with but my body was another. I am not used to keeping my eyes open for long periods. (to read the music) So my contacts were really watery and dry, plus the fact that I have a terrible head cold; some major sniffing going on. Finally I had to go run to the bathroom to blow my nose because the sniffing was getting out of hand. Apparently they thought I had been crying and ran out to sob it out. It was so embarrassing, one violin came over to me and told me not to get discouraged and that she would play with me next time....gee thanks. However, I will be returning this week. I miss being a part of something like that. Well, that's it til next time. I love you all, be happy!

Love, Marie (Matt and Eliza)

No comments:

Post a Comment