Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby Tending, Eating Healthy and Graduations

My Dear Family,

I should never read everyone else’s letter’s before I write my own. You lives make me laugh and mine makes me yawn. You really don’t want to hear that I started watching my neighbor’s 4 month old baby boy for 4 hours on Friday mornings. I immediately got thrown up on royally – mean disgusting, half what he drank soaking jeans, shirt and entire baby clothes – after the first feeding. I was glad to see his momma come home at noon. My good neighbors want me to take this on next fall for two full days a week and I just don’t think I can do that. I would like to have my own agenda. And here I am preaching to the choir. I know many of my sisters have good hearts and take care of family both far and near.

I had a friend from Kansas come through and stay a few days. It was good to see her. She had me take her to Whole Foods so she would have something more wholesome to eat, and I tell you, the more I read, the more I see how we are really doing a disservice to our bodies with the way we feed them. I have been doing much better at feeding myself in a healthier manner, though I must admit that this past Sunday I had a desperate need for some No-bake Cookies. I couldn’t help myself! I contained my enthusiasm and made only one batch, promptly ate 7 and wanted to throw up. It took me 24 hours to feel better; I was so sick! Today went much better for me. No cravings for anything sweet. Actually I didn’t want to eat anything but managed to eat some watermelon and scrambled eggs. I don’t see much weight lose but I do feel much better.

Emma has graduated from seminary – earning a Gold Award, which means having 90 % attendance, learning 25 scripture mastery, and reading the Old Testament. My reward in all of this is that I hope after 13 years of getting up at 4:45 am I will able to reprogram my body to get up at a more reasonable 6:00 am. Emma also has graduation this Friday night, so like Sue and Curt, we have finally gotten everyone out of high school. Sorry, Rob, Dave and Chris, your time is coming, but I am thrilled at the age of 57 (did you hear me? Age 57!) to have all my children out of secondary schools. I have been jealous of Ann, Carole, Jean and Julie for years, but I guess that was not Heavenly Father’s plan for me. Emma wrapped up her athletic career at school with a good finish in Tennis. Now she is working at Six Flags, no longer on Sundays, as we have finally worked out their system on how to get days off. The week after she graduates she is working Monday through Friday from 10 to 8. She is going to be exhausted, but happy.

Last Thursday Taylor and the kids were able to come up. Taylor had bought material for a costume for Addie last October. She was pregnant then and moving so it never got made. Addie has not let her mother forget it and is constantly asking her when she would finish it. I guess Thursday was D-Day since Addie’s birthday is the 22nd and Taylor is going out of town for a month. We worked all day on the dress and it was very close to completion when Emma and I went to Emma’s sports awards night. At 8:30 when we came home I was surprised to see Taylor’s van still in the driveway. You know how it is. When you are so close to completion, it is so hard to stop. Taylor got the zipper in and facings completed and if I had shown her where my elastic was (I forgot) I’m sure she would have had the sleeve edges finished too. The next night we went down to Dallin’s preschool graduation and listened to him sing “You’re a Grand Old Flag” along with various other fun songs. He has a great memory and expression when he sings. It was fun to watch. Reminds me when.

YW keeps me busy. Things are easier. I got a new counselor, and I’m not freaking out about the weekly activities so much. I just would like to have some quality activities sprinkled with some spirituality. Last month we fixed dinner for an older couple in our ward, planted some flowers for them, cleaned the church, went to one YW’s choral concert at her school and made Father’s Day candy grams. So, how did we do? Anybody have any good ideas? Things we can do with no money?

Good night, sleep tight. May all your prayers be answered with the peace that Heaven brings. You are dear to more people than you know.

Love,
Ruth, Bob and Emma Jane jane

No comments:

Post a Comment