Another month of changes. Sigh. …..
April returned to her beloved BYU with her bank account replenished and her hopes high. Reid’s wife, Rachelle, let April know of an opening at the Lee library on campus and before you knew it April switched her brain from painting, decaling and inspecting sport goggles to dressing and feeling professional behind the service desk. April moved in with a former roommate and friend Shay. So far so good except for blisters from the extra walking (can’t talk her into some sturdy oxfords with SOCKS). Her favorite and most interesting class has been chemistry.
The week before April left she took me to the Bountiful Temple to do baptisms. They actually let me be baptized as well. It was a real treat. April and I had time to relax, talk and enjoy each other’s company. She is one of my bestest friends. She encouraged me to drive past Grandpa Barrus’ house that I had not wanted to go see. We drove over and sat in the circle taking pictures. Hopefully I can attach a picture of the front being ripped out (bricks, bushes etc.) The wife noticed us and warmly came out and practically dragged me in to see and to tell me how much she loved the home. I met the little girl who now sleeps in ‘my’ blue room (I can’t remember what color it is now – something very bright) I told her to take good care of it. It was nice to see it. And yet….I am a sentimental girl and it was difficult. Having April with me made it easier.
On August 31, 2013, we welcomed Eve Rebekah (sp?) Windhorst as our seventh grandchild. Anne Marie sailed through childbirth with one stitch and she and the baby are doing very well with all the adjustments. Both Matt and Marie have taken extra care to pay attention to Eliza. Marie said the other day she was holding and rocking Eve. Eliza went to her bedroom, pulled off the blanket, went back in and stood in front of Marie and the baby. She pointed to herself and said something like “Me too?” Marie put Eve down and picked up Eliza and rocked her although to Eliza it wasn’t as fun as it had looked. So this new grandbaby has been VERY exciting this month.
Alex and Ashley moved to a different apartment where they are not managing apartments any more. Ashley has a full time job in Orem while Alex gets back on track with school.
Curt left on a business trip to Bristol England on Sept. 1 and will return Sept. 13. We have been able to talk and see each other each night. I have enjoyed the freedom to pick and choose my schedule without any other constraints but I find that I am just as busy. But now I am busy AND lonely.
I have been busy keeping up with peaches and tomatoes. I thank all those who have unburdened me with those. If shipping were an option you’d all be getting some.
I accompanied Jean as her date to the O.C. Tanner concert with James Taylor, Utah Symphony and Tabernacle Choir. Need I tell you how FABULOUS it was? The only thing that would have made it better was to be sitting with Dave & Meg.
I started teaching Seminary two weeks ago. So far, so good if you’re asking the teacher and not the students. I ended up with 19 9th graders and they have been well taught by their parents. It will be a challenge to keep up with them. Class starts at 7:15 am which is a nice later start. The Lord is so ‘tricky’ with our callings. I’ve always been grateful for the ‘newer’ me when these kinds of challenges are over but I don’t enjoy the stressing/stretching process.
I love you all. Have a wonderful rest of September.
Aunt Susan


No comments:
Post a Comment