Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Spanish Fork Eviction, Babysitting, Texas Visitor, New Calling, Missing Emma

My dear Family –

January was pretty subdued after the drama at the end of December/ beginning of Jan. Cleaning out the house in Spanish Fork of an undesirable tenant and then removing the grime left behind had me feeling blessed. We had a lot of help between Carole, Dave, Jean Marie, Reid, Rachelle and James who got so much done in such a short amount of time. It is now time for the good times to roll. Jean Marie went over and finished painting the patched walls we left behind, and miracles of miracles, the house was rented last Friday. Hurrah! Now we can start paying ourselves back for all the outlay during the past year. I hope the new tenants like living there. The house is in a beautiful setting. The new renters are a mother and her two children who had been living with her parents in Spanish Fork. I love that there will be house inspections and we no longer have to worry about the rent being late.

When I got home from Utah my co-babysitter decided to go on a cruise for a week. I ended up babysitting a week and a half all day. I can tell you that my car gas consumption went way down as did my shopping bills. I guess that’s one way to look at it. My last day was a snow day so I was disappointed not to babysit. It was going to be an easy day with Music Makers at the church that morning and parents coming home around 3:00. Oh, well. I was worn out each night and barely had enough time to do my homework, but when I get paid tomorrow, it will be worth it. Every time Drew and I go out in my car he always tells me I have a “girggy winnow”. Yes, my back window is filthy. With all the snow it has been hard to keep the car clean. I was going to go to the car wash yesterday, but again we had snow the night before and I would just have another “girggy winnow”.

We had an unexpected visitor from Texas for a few nights. Rob had business meetings which brought him back to his old stomping grounds and it was good to be able to have his quick wit and sense of humor around. I know there are many friends here who love visiting with him. That kept him busy most nights. People here who knew Rob and Angie are always asking me how they are doing.

After being released from YW I am now serving as Primary Chorister. I forgot how tired I get after putting on three acts each Sunday, senior primary, junior primary and nursery. I have decided props are hardly worth it in nursery as the kids tend to rip up the snow flakes, have no concept of taking turns yet, and repetition is my best friend. I’ll get the hang of this again yet. I just wish I had kept more of my props from the last time I did music 15 years ago. I guess I keep forgetting that we always get to do every calling more than once.

The house is sure quiet with Emma gone. We skyped with her on Sunday and found out she had been invited to the house of one of Dee’s sons for the superbowl. Seems they had a son who was at BYU so he took her along with him to see his folks. How nice was that? Without Emma our cat Oliver is driving me crazy following me everywhere, sleeping with me and sitting on my lap any time I sit down. As I cleaned out the kitty litter this morning, I want to remind my kids that they are not to buy me a cat in the future. I think I am cured.

How happy we are for Clark’s good news! So far that will make two weddings for this year, Aunt Ann and Clark. What joyous things the Lord has in store for each of us!

Love, 
Bob, Ruth and no Emma Jane Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment