Dear Family,
Lately it seems like life is more of a battleground than a vacation. Our family’s faith is definitely being tested and challenged every day. I’m not sure if we’re winning the battle, but we seem to be maintaining a steady forward pace even if we can’t see the finish line yet. Anyway, here’s what’s happening in our neck of the woods.
I (Sherry) am still sick. But! But! I finally know why! I have a type of arthritis called polymyositis (try saying that 3 times fast). Basically that means my immune system can’t tell the difference between a germ and healthy tissue so it’s running amok attacking my muscles where they connect to my skeleton and my joints (did you know there are 150 kinds of arthritis??). It’s very painful (murmur), zaps my energy (murmur), and makes it feel like I have the flu (murmur murmur). And worst of all……………………..no fun races for me this year (sniff sniff).
It makes me feel like I’m not a very good mom because I can’t run around with Jared like I used to. But lately he’s told me (more than once) that he likes it better when I’m sick because “you spend more time with me.” Was I really that busy before???? I think Jared saw the silver lining before I did and it’s that being sick has shrunk my world to just Ryan and Jared. Anything outside our little family is a very low priority and it really feels like our family is closer than ever before. I am really so blessed that I have such a great husband and son. They say that being sick you find out who your real friends are and well, I can see that they say that because it’s true.
In other family news, we sold our house and are moving to Sandy! Probably. Can I just say that the whole real estate game is a pain? Ryan and I hate haggling and would much rather houses could just be a set price. This is how our moving journey has played out:
Our goal was to move by the end of this summer before Jared starts 4th grade. We started looking at houses in May before listing our own home because we were afraid our home would sell before we found something we liked. Turns out we found a house that we loved pretty fast (on the east side of Sandy, close to the mountains). We made an offer an on it and they accepted. Then we listed our own house. The month before that homes had been selling very quickly in our neighborhood. I’m talking within 2 weeks quickly. So that’s what we expected to happen. But it didn’t. A month later our house had had lots and lots of showings, but no offers.
We asked the sellers of the house we liked if they’d work with us for a couple more weeks, but they said no. So we pulled out and decided that after our house sold we’d make another offer on it. Meanwhile, we started looking at other options just in case. And guess what? We found houses and neighborhoods we like even more than that original house! Blessing in disguise, people. Blessing in disguise. Then we found a house we wanted and our house sold the very same weekend.
Unfortunately someone else wanted that house more than we did and we lost it in a bidding war (@*^*&$#@&*&^#@!) . Now we’re homeless. But Heavenly Father, ever mindful us, hasn’t left us to fend for ourselves. We’re fortunate in that we sold our home to a couple of guys who are going to rent it out. They paid cash for it and gave us a very flexible closing deadline. We can close as late as Aug 14 and there’s a possibility that if we still haven’t found a house we like by then that we can rent our house back from them for a month or two. I keep thinking of all my cousins who’ve had to make much quicker moves (across countries even) and I figure if they can do it, so can we. And we only want to move about 15 miles away.
There’s much more I could write about. Jared went to a Mad Science summer camp where he built a robot and a rocket which they launched. Now he’s really into robots and rockets. Work’s going well for Ryan. And they just changed our church schedule to a reverse order (RS/priesthood/primary 1st, sacrament meeting last) because we have 4 wards meeting in our building again. Speaking of, time to get ready for that. We hope everyone’s doing well. It’s so nice to see what people are doing through FB. Adam and Kaylyn’s new baby looks especially cute and we can hardly believe how big everyone’s families are getting. :)
Love to you all!
Sherry, Ryan, and Jared
No comments:
Post a Comment