Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Newlyweds, Selling House, Wedding Gifts, Lee Humor

Dear One and All,

How is everyone? We in the northwest are doing fine. Of course, like any newlyweds we are in the “adjustment” phase of things. 90% of the time the days go well with talking things out, making choices and decisions together and just enjoying each other's company. Wow! I never thought it could be this good.

Our latest adventures is making trips to Port Orchard, WA to prepare Lee's house for selling. It has taken a lot of time, knowhow, research and interviews to find the right resources for repairs and fix up. The renters moved out last week so we were able to finish final details and get the house on the market last Friday, August 8th. Yippee!!!

Our wedding day was absolutely wonderful. The spirit was strong during the sealing. It is a comfort to know Heavenly Father also approves of our union. As we sat having dinner later with family and friends, it was a delight to hear affirming comments to send us on our way. During the open house there were at least a 100 people that came through, not counting family who were there. I especially enjoyed seeing friends whom I hadn't seen in awhile and feel the supportive influence of our ward. Truly awesome.

I think our most favorite gifts are the new sheets/quilt for our bed, BIG bath towels (they're the best), a piano light for the piano and seat covers for the kitchen chairs. We thank each and everyone for their part in making our wedding day so special, even if I did a lot of crying. It was just an awesome experience to marry an honest man who truly honors his priesthood. I'm so very, very grateful.

Well, are also having adventures here at home as well, Tammy had her baby, a boy names Ezra. I can't wait to see and hold him. This makes grandchild number eight. Our other adventure is redoing our sprinkler system as it keeps getting clogged and such. The repairman told me it was the worst set up he's ever seen. Well, I guess not everything gets to go perfect when you own a home.

Lee has a tremendous amount of humor up his sleeve. One morning I awoke after him to find I couldn't find him. I kept looking throughout the house only to come up short. All of a sudden I happened to look across the front room only to find him nestled against the wall indentation by one of the bookcases. When I spotted him he had the biggest grin on his face. He also moves very quickly, so when I tried to catch him he darted away faster than I could say boo. The whole time he's in stitches giggling so hard I though he was going to start crying. I, of course, laughed, too. Boy was that fun.

Guess it's time to close. Take care everyone!!

Love, Lee/Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment