Dear family,
We had a great time on our trip to Nebraska and it was hard to return to regular life again. We got back Tuesday morning and then it was back to work. But it was a good week. I studied hard all week for the OAT which I am taking tomorrow (July 14th). We'll be glad to have that done! Then I can start applying to optometry schools.
Rachelle enjoyed a Relief Society activity on Thursday, and got to know some more women in our ward. She also enjoyed a spa night on Friday night that Jean put on. Several cousins came and they did facials and nails, feet treatments, and hair. Rachelle had fun being girly with them!
We enjoyed our free chik-fil-a on Friday. Rachelle actually went twice; once for lunch with some of her co-workers, and then for dinner with me. It was a bit much for one day, but fun since we never eat there. We were going to get free slurpies too, but we were in line for dinner too long and didn't get there in time.
Uncle David wanted to take us horseback riding again (he took us on a ride on our anniversary), so on Saturday, we headed up to Heber for a beautiful trail ride with him and Lillian. I fell off my horse once (with no injuries), and Rachelle is sore again, but we had a great time and were grateful for the opportunity to go riding again. After the ride, we went swimming and had dinner with uncle David's family.
Attending the Days of ‘47 Rodeo was really fun. The most amazing part was how much family was there. Some cousins that I hadn’t seen in years and live across the country even came with their own growing families. I was sad that we all didn’t get some time to spend together after the rodeo.
We love you all so much! Hope you have a great week!
Love,
Reid and Rachelle
No comments:
Post a Comment