Dear Family,
Our month has ebbed and flowed through family birthdays this
past month. Abby & Ruthie F. turned
25 this year!
Conference was, of course, amazing, with many thoughts on
self-improvement. I hope to follow those
promptings. The announcement of Jean’s
new assignment was shocking. I have
loved reading about her new counselors. Jean had mentioned to us before what a
wonderful capable woman Sister Eubank was on their trip to Uganda. I’m glad they had that time together! And yes!
Her assignment has me being even more diligent to live more
carefully. I was surprised to go into
work the next morning and have the two CEO’s congratulate me. (WHAT???? I didn’t know they knew we were
related.) Only thing I could think of to say was, “Sister Bingham is a
WONDERFUL woman who continues to serve with all her heart.” I don’t
really know how to support Jean, but I have never skipped praying for her each
day. Actually, I pray for all of you
each day too!
Andrew, Willow, Alex and Miranda joined us for the weekend,
which is always great. April turned 23 on Robert’s birthday, April 7. One of our ‘adventures’ this past month was
driving to Lompoc CA to visit April and Dan while they’re at Vandenberg Air
Force Base. Curt and I drove to St.
George on Wednesday and finished most of the driving on Thursday. I ashamed to say that whenever I visit the
kids there is a panic to clean every speck in sight. April had called a few days earlier
apologizing for scuffs on baseboards and doors she couldn’t remove. Holy Smokes!!
Got to fix that perception! April
& Dan’s apartment was comfortable and cozy.
Curt and I soaked in the beauty of the green rolling hills
filled grape orchards, strawberry fields, citrus groves and avocado trees. It was wonderful! On April’s birthday, Friday, we visited the
reconstructed Purisima
Mission which is the oldest mission in California. That was very cool! Later that day we had a quick tour of
Vandenberg Air Force Base, picked up Dan and drove to Solvang, a Danish town
with fun shops to explore. There were so
many ‘best bakeries’ that we decided each person had to choose a bakery and
take a turn picking one delicacy and have it split into fourths. Delicious! There were lots of things to ooh and ah about
but in the end, we just came back with fun memories. We ended the birthday at a bit of a strange
Western B-BQ with a table up by the live music.
The next morning,
we had the privilege of attending the baptism of one of Dan & April’s
Primary class. It was a nice blessing to
be able to visit with so many of their ward.
After a quick change of clothes, we headed for the Oceano Dunes National
Preserve. It was a pretty windy day (of
course!) but satisfying to dip our toes in the Pacific Ocean and walk among the
dunes. Along the drive, we saw hundreds
of RV’s parking along the roadside right next to the beach as if they were in
line waiting for an event. I was surprised to find out that they were parked on
reserved ‘camping’ sites. That was new
to me! And it honestly looked rather inviting if you could ignore the RV next
to you. Isn’t it nice to go somewhere
just to break the routine?
We left
our little dog Sadie with April and Dan to keep April company. Life is sometimes very quiet with Dan gone
long hours. So far, the new little
roommate is doing her job!
Love you
always, Susan & Curt
No comments:
Post a Comment