Saturday, December 10, 2011

School's Ending and the Christmas Spirit is Starting

Oh pooh, we can do the blog. Get with it people! ;-) Just teasing. I love hearing from everyone either way. Here is my letter for the month as Eliza is giggling her head off with some jingle bells. Too bad I can't attach sound. I love when she laughs.

Matt's first full-time semester is ending next week. I think he has gained a lot of confidence and he did great. I am so proud of him. I have also been enjoying this semester. One of my classes is a Family Relations class and I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that every unit was thoroughly applicable. I have learned a lot and hopefully will remember to use it. I love taking classes from a church school and how the gospel is brought into every subject. Oh, and guess who is in my class?

Abby has come home from Italy and it's been fun having her here. She has been bringing a bit of culture to the Curtis home. Thanksgiving was fun with Aunt Megumi and Uncle David's family, Jean, Reed, Andrew and Willow and Matt's sister. Last year Thanksgiving and Christmas came too quickly and I reluctantly got into the holidays. THIS year I have been so excited. In this month's testimony meeting at church, someone stood up and bore their testimony about getting into the Christmas spirit all season long. For some reason, that hit me pretty hard. I guess I usually wait to be put into the spirit of things instead of making an effort myself. But I came home that Sunday and prayed to help me really get into the spirit the whole season. I think it has made a difference, because I am looking for things to help me remember the true meaning and reflect on how it has an impact in my life. What a wonderful holiday to celebrate!

When you get a chance, look up what the little things 'mean' that we see around Christmas time; lights, candy canes, presents, pine trees, etc. Then the next time you see one, you will think of that instead. LDS.org has some great holiday videos out and I really liked reading this month's Ensign. Especially when it shared details around the time of the nativity story. Merry Christmas everyone! I hope it is a great season for all of you!

Much love,
Marie, Matt and Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment