Dear Family,
We have had the strangest weather. It has been cold enough for snow, biting one's face and hands, but no snow. Then, without warning we got a tint of snow yesterday, but wasn't consistent throughout the Tri-Cities. Some sections have a very thin layer, while others bone dry. Humm....now doesn't that seem a bit odd? The places I saw with snow, the bare branches looked like thin icicles resembling trinklets and the ground patchy with just as thin a showing of light snow. It is really quite beautiful.
Last night I went to a Christmas party with a friend. The dinner was made up of Swedish food. Needless to say it didn't settle too well on my stomach. The company was good and most pleasant as a wonderful trade off. It was very interesting to hear different accents in the same room of people from different countries who speak English, but, with a bit of an accent. We ARE culturally diverse here, I realized most succinctly.
Earlier in the week I covered for a young teacher who was struggling emotionally. She lost her husband to a gun accident last September to a gun accident, leaving her alone with two daughters ages eleven and six. I had an opportunity to reassure her that she would one day see her husband again and that I would be there for her again if needed until school gets out for winter break. Isn't it wonderful that those of us who understand both in and out of the church, that we will see loved ones on our return to heaven. What a great blessing of undeniable assurance!
Well, the mailman has been a little slow in Christmas deliverence for my children. Only half of the surprises have arrived. Looking on the bright side, at least we have a wonderful mail service that works hard in our behalf. Better than where we started with the pony express.
What would one do without home teachers who bring such wonderful messages and occasionally help with things out of my league of expertise? I loved the message on gratitude and the gratitude challenge President Eyring gave us. Then, my kind home teachers which includes a high priest and a young man who is a senior. I had been trying to program a remote for a friend for the garage door and put a bathroom kit together for use. On both counts I struck out, only to have my home teachers figure things out have things done in less than an hour. Makes my three hours of hard effort seem minute by comparison. Blessings certainly do come in small packages.
Know that (Aunt) Ann loves each and everyone of you. I am most proud of the married cousins remaining faithful and doing their best at parenting. It's not an easy job. The neat thing is, though, is that there are so many helps today that I wish had been there for our generation. We are indeed abundantly blessed with knowledge, support and ongoing guidance from loving church leaders, friends and family. Have a wonderful, blessed Christmas one and all!
Love, (Aunt) Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment