Well hello everyone,
What a great Valentine's Day this has been. I went to the doctor again for follow up on shingles. Yep! The dreaded shingles has invaded my world. As a negative blessing it is making me appreciate warmth when it happens and the absence of pain when achieved. They caught it early so that has been a blessing.
Seeing that this is the fourth month since November that a I promised either a reward for those who wrote four months in a row or I forfeited .50 to each family unit if I didn't write. So, I don't have to forfeit, but based on entries, I'll be rounding coupons to the winners. Seriously, it is so fun to read letters from sibling and married cousins alike as it helps one appreciate how good and beautiful life really is. I hope more will get in the spirit of sharing and writing, however long or short, just to help our special family stay connected.
I was reading this month's Ensign and ran across the most wonderful quote by Elder Marvin J. Ashton who is no longer in our midst. It's called "Giving Each Other the Benefit of the Doubt" and it reads: "Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something in the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other." Wow! That's a great reminder for so many situations and experiences.
I feel like I am constantly in the juggling act when it comes to getting substitute teaching jobs. Job needs seem to come so much later this year, making it difficult to meet the schedule demands of the bus service. It's frustrating at best, hence, fewer opportunities to pick up the jobs. I often get a call after 7 am, long after I have to let the bus know whether I need a pick up or not. Hmm.........
Lee and I continue to explore each other's goodness as well as weaknesses. Some days the dating reaps rewards while others a few challenges. Gosh! After being out of my young adult years for what seems like an eternity, it's hard to remember what it felt like back when. A whole new learning curve.
Well, I had best close up and get to soaking in a nice hot tub of water to get warmed up again. Grateful it works as I hate being cold. Never have liked being cold. I think I got that from Minnesota as a kid when we had to walk a mile to middle school. Course, I'm not exactly happy with extreme heat either. It's hoped that the hereafter is in the 70's where it feels comfortable and welcoming.
Take care everyone and keep the faith, even if negative blessings come your way once and awhile.
Love, (Aunt) Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment