Dear Family,
I am going to wuss out this month, and just send in a quick update. I am due on Pioneer Day, July 24th, which is about 2 weeks away. In theory I'm trying to take it easy, but somehow meals still need to be made, dishes need to be washed, laundry needs to be done, etc. I guess I could let my kids go around naked, but then the neighbors would start to look at us funny. Well, more than they already do. The kids are tracked out for the next 3 weeks, and start their new school year on July 30th, so that's one thing that I don't need to worry about right now. Yay!
We did just have an absolutely wonderful week at the beach with my mom and dad, who were so awesome and willing to come out even though they are so busy. The week was truly fantastic because there was no drama, just relaxing and fun: going to the beach in the morning, taking the early afternoon easy, and then some kind of fun activity. Plus the meals were incredibly yummy!! We even managed to exercise almost everyday, which really helped me stay on track.
My mom, fantastic woman that she is, is coming back in 2 weeks for Alyssa's debut, and I'm looking really forward to that a lot. Other than impending baby news, it's just same old, same old: Jeff is working incredibly hard at both his calling and getting our office with his private practice established, the kids are learning about helping around the house more, and I'm still unsuccessfully trying to get Ben to poop in the toilet.
The liquid part we've got down, no problem, but the solid is a whole other story. I remember Jarom having a hard time with that particular challenge, but certainly not for this long. Ben is so much more stubborn!! We've been doing this since the first part of May, and he has yet to voluntarily use the toilet to do anything but pee. I'm not sure where the disconnect is between the idea and the action, but he truly would rather go in his pants, which I just don't get. I just keep telling myself that he'll get it eventually. I mean, it's not like he's going to start kindergarten without being willing to go poop in the toilet, right? Right? Riiiiigghhht? Oh, shoot me now. Sigh....
Anyway, things are pretty darn great her in North Carolina, all things considered. I'll try to send out an update when Alyssa actually does come, but I make no promises. :o)
Love,
Katie, Jeff, Jarom, Taran, Kelcey, Ben, and (in 2 weeks!!) Alyssa
No comments:
Post a Comment