My Dear Family,
Oh, happy day! The Ford Escort is sold! Thanks to the tender heart of a son who knew his mother was inept when it came to putting stuff on Craig’s List. I don’t know what my problem is but I did take pictures of the car, got on the website and put in all the information that I could and then Craig’s List kept sending me emails to register with them and the code didn’t work, and of course there is no one to call and ask questions, so blah, blah, blah. Thank Heaven for a compassionate son and his pity. That car sat in our driveway for two months and I’m sure the neighbors were getting ready to call the city for an abandoned car report. That poor car has been through so many drivers. We bought it for a mere $1800 in Georgia to replace the Gran Prix that had met its’ demise on a dark rainy Georgia night. Jean drove it for two years before Austin came home from his mission and drove it out to Utah where it resided until Spencer moved on to a different car. It then went on a journey to Virginia where Spencer was selling alarm systems, then back to Kansas where it filled in for a crashed and repaired Dodge Neon whose hood was run over by a garbage truck on a cold winter day. Emma has been driving a little red (dangerous color) Ford Focus which despite its 4 cylinders runs crazy fast. You can hardly put your foot on the accelerator and away it goes. I like it because it has comfort height seats which mean my knees are equal to my hips. I don’t have to do squats to get into the car. Yes, I know they would be good for me, but I’m not getting any younger. I digress. We are down to some doable cars. Well, almost. Bob’s transmission has been missing 2nd for over a year now and we both keep thinking it will die soon, but no. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. If it would ju-u-u-ust hold out a little longer until there are more used cars available, we will trade it in.
We had the pleasure of Rob and Angie, well mostly Angie, Grant and Paulette for a few days. Paulette was able to graduate with her school here in Connecticut. She was able to spend quite a bit of time with her old school friends while Emma worked. Angie and Grant were able to spend time with old friends and go to the lake a few times with me. It was nice to have such good company. Scott and Analia were gracious enough to come and spend some time with everyone; they are always good to visit with.
Emma has finally graduated. Graduation was not too long as we sat outside in the football field with 150 graduates as they faced the sun with their sunglasses on. Austin and Taylor were kind enough to drive up and spend the evening with us just squeaking in as the diplomas were getting ready to be presented. (It’s a long drive after a full day of work at the opposite end of the state!) Paulette sat with me and Uncle Bob as the graduates paraded by and cheered as heartily as the rest of us. I think Emma is glad to have that chapter of her life written and finished.
Emma and I have been reading the Book of Mormon again and as always there are things written that I didn’t know before or have forgotten. The written word is a great thing. The Lord was so wise to make Nephi and his brothers return to get the brass plates. I know I would dwindle in unbelief if I did not have the written words of the prophets both old and new. I am grateful for the new church videos that bring to our remembrance the things that we heard in conference that renew the feelings that we had then. What a blessed time we live in when the gospel is literally at our fingertips. Love to all. You are dear.
Love,
Bob, Ruth and Emma Jane-Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment