Thanks for the reminder, Ruth. There is just enough (deserved) guilt so I will write a little blurb.
Thank you all for such thoughtful gifts. Boyd and I were alone this year, here in joe town, and it was quiet. It was lovely to get up Christmas morning and open each gift from each of my siblings. It was sweet, to say the least, and tender. Thank you, thank you.
After Christmas, Boyd and I drove up to Colorado to have a mini Boyd Davis family reunion. All of our children and grandchildren we there. It was so sweet to have Eric and Clark see each other for the first time since before Clark's mission. Eric has been in Mexico for three months and was unable to see Clark when he returned from his mission from Sweden last Sept. We would like to do a service project with each of our reunions and Jill was good enough to find us our first project - cleaning their ward building. It was a great project since it was after their ward Christmas party! Even the young ones were actively engaged with an adult, cleaning benches, mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting, and the like...y'all know the drill. It really was fun working together.
Boyd is happy the official part of tithing settlement is done but loves the time he gets to spend with each family. Saturday he conducted a funeral for a much beloved matriarch of joe town, Carol Miller. Boyd has been reflecting on how many weddings he has performed these past 3 1/2 yrs (4) and how few funerals (2). He commented that he felt like this year would be filled with many funerals...I don't know how to take that.
I will be sworn in this wed as a member of the school board. I am scared to death. Yesterday was our big "first of the year" stake yw Ldrs mtg concerning camp, ward conference assignments and an upcoming several stake efy this July. I am busy being wed. Morning temple coordinator, which brings challenges but also blessings. I am very busy but love, love, love the time I get to spend with my family the best-est!!!! I know The Lord will bless me and mine as I try to put Him and His work first.
I was reading in the book "daughters in my kingdom" that the church put out for us a while ago, and noticed that at least twice in the first few pages (xi, 17) it states, "The purposes of Relief Society are to increase faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and provide relief by seeking out and helping those in need". There is eternal truths contained therein - strengthen ourselves spiritually and temporally, so then we can better strengthen our families and then others. We first must get ourselves in order. I needed to read that this morning.
Anyway, things are good here at the Davis ranch. Clark reports he is doing well and is happy down at the "y".
Love to all,
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment