Sunday, January 13, 2013

Warn and Sunny?, Sick Kids, Delayed Delivery

Hello from Joseph and Amy De Graw family in Arizona. We hope you are all enjoying as warm and sunny weather and we are. And if you aren't, that you are enjoying the indoors for a season.

We are doing well now that colds, runny noses, and coughs seem to be heading out our door. We hadn't been sick for quite some time, so I wasn't surprised when the kids got sick during Christmas break. I often squeeze past the germs, but this time I got a small dose too. The kids are back in school as of Monday and they are glad to be there! We have been awaiting the arrival of baby Girl anyway for what feels like sometime. I have been taking a few precautions to carry her to full term (37 weeks) and now that full term has come and gone every additional day is truthfully a little depressing. How grateful we are to have made it all the way though! My heart goes out to Olesia, who recently went through a similar ordeal. Gratitude is the best medicine though. I'm grateful to have children and to be carrying another. I'm grateful for what I have been able to accomplish these past couple weeks. Some things that would have been overlooked, service that wouldn't have been rendered, and etc had our baby girl come when we wanted.

Isaac is outside playing with the other boys on our street. Every day they boys play football or something. Isaac thrives with activity and staying physically fit!

Lydia loves the time we set aside every night for their own reading. Lately she asks to read to Joseph or I. We can help her with the words she doesn't know, and she can "show off".

Megan has been lucky enough to be invited to play at other homes. We are very often inviting other kids into our home, and while we still do that, she has found that she really likes (and of course, prefers) going to a friend's house.

Joseph is still working towards and MPA, one class at a time. He likes the higher education. He has been busy at work, with after the holidays appointments and such.

I stay busy keeping the house in order. I have had extra motivation as I await my 48 hour hospital "vacation". My hope is to keep the house in enough order that it cannot become total disarray in 48 hours, while I am away.

That's all for now.
Love, Us

No comments:

Post a Comment