I really live all of your letters and hearing about everyone's lives. Congratulations to Abby and Travis, Reid and Rochelle and Andrew and Willow, please let us know when she has a name! A lot has happened for us, Stephen got into all the medical Schools he applied to. We were short on funds and the application process is very expensive, you have to submit everything to a device and pay a huge fee before you pay 1st and secondary fees to each school, so he applied only to safety schools, but maybe it will be a good thing to be a star at a smaller school. He has decided to go to PCOM here in Philadelphia. I am a little sick of Philadelphia, but at least I know it is only 4 more years.
Stephen also commissioned in the Army, he is an avid researcher and decided the Army would give him the best shot at the residency he wants and he can get out the quickest! I am glad I have Susannah to help me learn the ropes!
Cole is doing so well in Kindergarten and is so sweet. All the kids like him, except one little boy that had an argument with Cole at the beginning if the year. It ended with Cole "rhyming" the other little boys name. The other boy would not come to school for 2 days. Since then, Cole has written the boy notes saying sorry, sat by him when no one else would and has been very kind. Yesterday Cole said goodbye to the boy and the other boy was so vicious and unkind, Cole didn't even get upset, he just said, well goodbye then. I Decided I had had enough and we had a long discussion about how Cole had done his part and not everyone is going to like us all the time. It is a hard lesson to learn and It breaks poor Cole's heart. I hope he will just focus his attention on kids who do want to be his friend.
It was my birthday last month, I am now older than I like to admit. I used to tease Susannah because I was older but now the tables have turned, I could feel happy to be older for maybe 20 years and Susannah gets to feel happy she is younger for a good 60+years. Stephen and the boys made me a bookshelf and a cake and sang to me. When the finished singing Cole started crying and said "I just will love you forever." He really is so sweet. Miles is also sweet but very independent. He has had a lot if ear infections this year so I finally relented and we had tubes put in. He has been pretty grumpy this year as well and I'm hoping the tubes will help him to be cheerful again.
I am still watching a friends children a few days a week and tutoring. Babysitting is my least favorite thing to do on the planet, i would rather clean a men's restroom at a sporting event. But now that things are settled and Stephen has a job with Comcast for next few months the end is in sight. Don't worry I am kind and we do fun things I just really hate it. Luckily the state educational testing is almost over so ill go from 11 students to 4, I can't wait. Luckily I am very good at tutoring and was in high demand this year. I was able to just take the students I wanted too and raise my rates. I am also still the director of training for the little not for profit, but right now they only get a few hours a week. I just finished writing curriculum for a class we are going to take to schools to help students prepare for college and what the steps actually are for not just getting in, but getting through. They wanted to start teaching the class now, but I have put it off until next fall when I will have more time. I am finally learning to set boundaries with my time and tell people no. I am grateful things have been so busy and crazy. I feel like I have now have a greater capacity in general and I now am able to better prioritize, and tell people no without any guilt.
I love you all,
Emily Stephen, Cole and Miles
No comments:
Post a Comment