January 2017
Dear Beloved Family,
My has the fall season gone by fast!! There is so much that has transpired these past
few months. I continue to learn and grow from the most daunting church assignment I
have ever had in my entire life......ward choir director. With heaJanuary
2017
Dear
Beloved Family,
My
has the fall season gone by fast!! There is so much that has transpired these
past few months. I continue to learn and grow from the most daunting church
assignment I have ever had in my entire life......ward choir director. With
hearing and vision challenges I've had to do quite a bit of adapting as well as
depend on the choir to provide clues for good harmony. Glad the choir members
have been so understanding. For the rest, I encourage everyone to listen to and
follow the spirit.
The
longer Lee and I are married, the more collective we are becoming which to me,
is an absolute joy! As we take care of two boys ages 6 & 9, it is wonderful
to see us working as a team to help these young boys hopefully learn respect
and dignity vs. entitlement, which is the message society sends. The single
mother is great to work with us in implementing plans for success to this end
and I reap the blessings of practicing parenting skills with a man who feels
the same way I do about children.
In
October Lee and I had the opportunity to attend a baby blessing in Twin Falls,
ID for a daughter of a friend whom I've known since she was 7. On the way down
we spent some time with Tammy enjoying a simple lunch and playing with the
kids. It was wonderful to hear Eli, my grandson who is 7, talk up a storm about
things that interest him. The visit was insightful.
Twin
Falls was wonderful as well. We checked into a Motel 6 for one night, attending
the blessing the next morning with pictures following outside the church. After
a quick lunch with our friends' family at their daughter's duplex we headed
straight home. The only downer was the poor quality of the Motel 6 from cold
showers to ineffective heating system. This surprised us because 96% of the
motel 6's we have used have been very nice, clean and in superb working order.
November
was a real treat. Thanks to the generosity of Susan for the $40 I was short, I
was able to spend a few days with my sisters at Aunt Ruth's home. This was my
first time visit at Ruth's home. She is a delightful host. Meals were
excellent. We even had a bread making contest with all kinds of creative
flavors. Robert and I were a team and our bread with onion/garlic won the
contest. Saturday was the highlight of the trip for me as I celebrated the
birthdays of all my siblings with creative crowns, a memory book compilation
guessing game, sincere expressions of love for them and the like.
The
only challenge was getting the party started as I was so anxious to show and
express my deep love for my siblings.....a true test in patience! For two days
I expressed how excited I was looking forward to this event. While everyone was
on a short hike behind Uncle Robert's house, I put all the wrapped presents I
had brought into several size boxes until everything ended up in one HUGE
wrapped box. Aunt Susan told me later she liked how everyone had a turn opening
a part of the present, culminating in everyone doing their best to put together
the memory book for each of them of matching picture quotes and scriptures with
guidance and direction.
Towards
the end of November we had an interesting surprise visitor in our house. A
friend discovered it while visiting which we are sure grateful for because this
visitor was leaving deposits smaller than what Lee/I could see with our vision
limits. When our friend told us she found lots of mouse droppings in the guest
bedroom and the garage, needless to say we were shocked! How and where were the
mice getting access to our house? As far as the guest room our friend finally
found the culprit while helping me take the room apart. It was in the closet
where the baseboards meet.....a definitive hole. We immediately called Home
Depot to alert them of the problem, asking what should be done. They told us
the best way to deter any future mice from gaining access was to fill the area
with steel wool then nail an aluminum mesh over the area. In the garage our
pest control tech told us to do the same thing after finding a hole as the
access point just inside the garage door against the wall base. Hmmm......
Christmas
was so wonderful! I survived leading two choir numbers, opened presents with
dear friends, had dinner with our friends and just hung out enjoying each
other's company. Tammy sent a puzzle picture of all her kids for Christmas that
amounted to 250 pieces! Oh boy!!! The family we hung out with jumped on the
opportunity to help Lee/I put the puzzle together. I plan to frame it. It was
also fun to hold Hudson whom we had attended the baby blessing for and see how
much he is growing and learning. He is such a sweet baby.
Well,
2017 is almost here so we need to get ready for the new year. I start childcare
and tutoring again next Wednesday 01/04. The break was good so we could catch
up on our own stuff. Life is truly a blessing. Our little Christmas trees,
nativity sets, cards, Christmas letters and the likes were enjoyed immensely,
but are now carefully and gently stored away for another year. To one and all
may you remain firm in the gospel, anxious to serve and willing to endure to
the end (gets harder to do as one ages!) so your joy can be full when meeting
our Heavenly Parents once again.
Love,
(Uncle) Lee & (Aunt) Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment