Monday, August 20, 2012

Associate Degree, Amy Visit, Eliza Birthday, Camp, Girls Outing

August is almost here! How crazy and fast this year has flown by for the Windhorst family. But so many wonderful blessings have come our way and I have been pretty happy with life in general. This last semester, FINALLY I received my Associate Degree. So excited for that and to move onto my Bachelors. Matt is doing so well, I am so proud of him. He has a 3.7 in school and is doing great at his new(ish) job. He is the manager at Sharper View. They are a great company and can help us get through the rest of his school or maybe even after.

Amy, Joseph and the kids were able to stop in Utah and spend some time with us. It was so nice to see them. Eliza really enjoyed having them around too.

Eliza turned one in May. She is such a ball of fun and a little stinker at times. Some of my favorite things she does right now are her cheesy smile while batting her eyes slowly, zooming around the kitchen with the scooter and how she dances when she gets excited. She stills barks at animals and is getting smarter every day. How I love her.

In the middle of July I went to Girl’s Camp with my Young Women. It was such a wonderful experience. I wish I could share all the things I felt. We went to the Hinckley Camp up in Heber Valley. You could feel the special spirit of that camp the moment we road in. Sometimes I think we forget how much thought is put into things that the church takes care of. I felt pretty lucky to be there.

I was also able to hang out with some of the gals and spend some time with Grandma. It was so nice to spend Saturday and Sunday with her. We felt like celebrities at church and loved that she stayed up with us at night to chat. I had so much fun and again, feel so lucky to have such a wonderful family. Those four days were sorely needed, though I wish it was longer!

Just yesterday we were able to go to Hollywood Connection with a coupon Mom and Dad let us have. I haven’t had that much fun with Matt and Eliza in a while. It was fun to show her so many new things and to feel like a kid again. I loved watching Matt live out his ‘dreams’. He rode a Harley, shot an AK-47(I think), boxed, went white water rafting, hunted, and lots more. It made me smile how seriously he was taking these arcade games. I think I had more fun than Eliza on the Carousel, but she loved riding in the school bus. I think she would have stayed in there the whole time if we let her. (pictures below)





 


That’s about it for now. I love you all, thanks for being such great examples and amazing family.

Love,
Marie, Matt and Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment