Oh the guilt! Ok ok here is a short note about our crazy summer.....
So this summer we moved from IL to UT and boy has it been nuts. We choose to do the move via Uhaul because it was half the price of anything else, and 3 people with bronchitis, two popped tires, one threat from Uhaul to charge us for truck repairs, one conversation from Connie to make sure they didn't, and four days later... We got here.
Since then we have moved in to one house and tried to buy it, and after failed inspections and mucho dishonesty, moved to another house and are waiting to close at the end of Oct. our house in IL hasnt sold yet, but I did take a spontaneous trip out last weekend to check and clean and winterize it. I was surprised to see it still standing and looking as cute as ever. Whitney and I had had the feeling when we got the job opportunity at Snow that the house would sell fast. Well this just proves how different time is to the Lord!! So anyone who wants extra blessings is very welcome to pray for the sale of our darling little house.
The girls have managed the move very well and have blossomed being in such a good, friendly place. Whitney and I, on the other hand, have felt like this move was more challenging than we expected. It has been really hard to make two house payments along with putting earnest money down on two houses and cover the costs of moving not covers by the college. It seems like everyone wants our money and paperwork. I swear if one more person asks me for a piece of paper...
One the plus side, it seems like our daily miracles and tender mercies have increased in equal proportion to the challenges. Sometimes when I feel like Satan is laughing at me, I scoff right back and say "haHA! It is I who laugh last!" because, really, any time he tries to "get" you, he is actually perfecting you instead. Not really a smart plan if you ask me.
And so on we go, further in and further up -hoping to fill some of those chairs Grandpa is always talking about.
Be brave fellow Barrus's!!
Love, Connie, Whitney and the girls
No comments:
Post a Comment