Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chocolate, Bug Hunt, Happy Baby, Pretending, Reading Time Over, People Moving In

It is 9:42 and Joseph is downstairs watching Brave and eating chocolate. Dove chocolate. I had a coupon and so I splurged on chocolate. It works out that it is Teacher Appreciation week and I can pawn some calories off to the teachers with a little appreciation message. Lydia instructed me with a list of items to purchase for her teacher. I reminded her that I didn't have money to buy all the things she would like to give her teacher. She then gave me a shorter list. She may have to settle for chocolate and a hand written note from the two of us.

Back to Joseph. He just finished his nightly black widow hunt. He takes the black light in the backyard and hunts down all the black widows that are hiding during the day, but are out basking in the night air in the dark. Tonight he found 3. Eww! His hunt will now also be for scorpions since the first one was spotted on our property yesterday. Help! Get us a job outside the desert please! We have felt very blessed to have avoided scorpions for the last 2 1/2 years we've lived here. Scorpions were one of the biggest fears I had of moving to Arizona. That was second to living too close to Mexico (I know I am naive).

Before hunting for pests, Joseph was making phone calls for his calling in our ward. Before that he tucked the kids in bed and before that he took the 3 oldest kids to the school for Megan's Kindergarten Sneak Peak. Yay Dad!

I was gone to a church meeting. I am now at the computer. I finished my chocolate a while ago. While enjoying my chocolate and attending to my calling I was entertaining Jane, whom I thought was sleepy, but had plenty of "play" energy left. She is such a happy baby. So many smiles. I am loving it! She smiles during feedings, diaper changes, while I'm working, exercising, hollering around the house. You name it! She is a rolly-polly (literally rolling, not chunky) girl whom we all adore. Before our family night prayers, the kids did a silly dance for Jane and she was a wide-mouth of smile. They are all asleep now.

Megan played with friends at our house today. I seem to watch kids often. It usually works in our favor. As soon as I drop the older 2 off at school, Megan's pretending begins and I am summoned to open presents from Santa, but I do not know that the unicorn I am going to open is a real unicorn. The unicorn, once I am allowed to realize it is a real unicorn, grants me any wish, as long as it is turning me into a queen. I really try to be her partner of pretend, but the last week I have resigned. When she wants me to pretend with her, I confess that I am not good at pretending. I give her a choice. We can invite her a friend over to play pretend with or we can play something I am good at (puzzles, games, coloring, etc.). Today we did puzzles before friends arrived.

After lights out tonight, Lydia was reminded 3+ times that reading time was over. She LOVES to read. Hurray I am so glad! She and Grandma (and April) have started a long distance book club. She was very particular about which books they would use and I believe their first club phone call was at least an hour long. Mom confirm or deny? -Oh- there goes Joseph, taking our deep sleepers to the bathroom. I'd better end this now if I want to say goodnight to Joseph.

Isaac is sleeping soundly after a long day. He is a hard worker, creative mind, obedient, helper, and jokester.

The church is growing so fast here. We live just outside a town called Queen Creek. People are moving out here like crazy. In the last 5 years our ward has been split twice and our stake is splitting at the seams with 13 wards. This is happening all over east valley. It is no wonder a temple in Gilbert and Phoenix (in addition to the one in Mesa) were called for. Another was announced in Tucson. We feel blessed to be a part of the growth in the church with all of you.

Time for bed. Goodnight family.
Amy and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment