Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ready for a Break, Nagging or Mothering, Girl Watching, Jogging

Where to start? Next week is Fall Break. After 9 weeks of school I can hardly believe I am soooo ready for a break! It will be nice to do things with my kids during the day and not have to nag them to get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, don't forget your backpack AND shoes (that would be for Megan!). And then to nag some more focus on your homework, can you please get your practicing done, hurry it's bedtime! get out of the shower, brush your teeth, put away your dirty clothes, Why are there 3 new outfits in your laundry basket??? Sigh...

Some days, although I get the same point across, I do it right and it's not "nagging" but mothering and nurturing.

Joseph is prepping the yard to plant a winter lawn. It will feel good to be able to play in the grass again. He is in his last class of his Master's and we are trying our best to get him into an administrative assistant-type position within city government.

I watch a couple little girls part-time everyday of the week. They belong to a good friend of mine and it has worked out beautifully. They keep Megan, Jane, and I busy. I've also been jogging 3 days a week and am enjoying the benefits of added energy and happy hormones. As long as I can remember I have been a runner-wannabe. I feel like it could be my cloud 9. But for now, I make a conscious effort to wake up and get my body going. Some days I almost enjoy the exercise.

All our kids are doing great! They are good kids, smart kids, helpful kids, and playful kids. We love our kids. I am having a time-out right now. It’s been a long day and my wonderful kids were dismissed to find their own quiet activity. I am glad they understand that I need a few minutes to regroup now and again.

Until next time,
Joseph, Amy, Isaac, Lydia, Megan, and Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment