Hello Everyone,
Wow, the letters were great. Glad everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving. Lee and I did, too. We had a scrumptious dinner at our home teacher's house. Both the wife and he are avid cooks and love doing it. I had a friend who is struggling with total blindly come up from Utah and spend Thanksgiving weekend with us. She has had it so challenging.
Funny what getting engaged does to a person. Now wherever I go friends and associates ask for details of wedding plans of which most of which I'm still in the dark. Not like the nieces and nephews getting married. I passed a sister in the hall who plays for primary a few Sundays ago to take my turn the second half of primary and she commented how the time would go very, very fast. I hope she's right because all the changes coming up has me in stitches. It really makes me wonder sometimes how Heavenly Father manages patience for eternity when I can't even fathom it on this earth.
Towards the end of November I got a call from a mother letting me know her ten year old was getting baptized the next morning. I had her in primary for a year, then tutored her all summer when they ended up in a different ward due to boundary changes. When I arrived at the church, her eyes lit up and she gave me a very, very long hug before the baptism started. I shared my happiness for her, telling her how proud of her I was and that I knew Heavenly Father loved her so much. The baptism was very sweet, with an added blessing of the bishop whom I know quite well doing the baptizing. Not very often that happens in a ward.
I'm stuck on what else to share so I guess I will close by just saying how much I love everyone. You married cousins are doing a fantastic job with your little families. When Connie shares stories about her girls and what she's doing with them as a mother it makes my heart swell super big. Oh, I'm so grateful for so many blessings.
Take care everyone. Maybe I'll more to tell next month.
Love, (Aunt) Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment