Thursday, December 12, 2013

'Mow, Sickness, Christmas Tree, Gifts That Can't Be Wrapped


This has to be quick so please excuse the errors and rambling:-)

December is here and so is the snow or as Eliza says 'mow!!!' She made a Christmas tree in the snow with Matt the other day. I really enjoyed watching them. It started out as a fort but I think the cold convinced Matt to stack the blocks into a tree instead.

Our past few weeks have been filled with a lot of sickness, which comes with the season. However, we are getting better and have had a lot of help. It was so much fun to be with our family for Thanksgiving! I sure love them. If you've never been to Goblin Valley, it has a unique beauty to it. We had a lot of fun for those few days.


Our Christmas tree went up about a week ago. Eliza loved helping us put the ornaments on and it is a little bottom heavy right now. She even started putting her necklaces on the tree. I love it. We're excited to pick out Eve's first ornament. Eliza's is a swan with sparkly wings. Matt is such a good support with the girls. What would I do without him, I honestly have no idea.

We have a few gifts under the tree and I am excited for my family to open them but I can't help but think about all the gifts I've been given and the ones I still need to give. Gifts that can't be wrapped in paper or bows. I have been thinking about the things my parents have taught us and the gifts of service they have given. If you are ever feeling down, service truly does lift you up. What a wonderful reminder during this season. What are we giving Christ? What does He ask of us? Very little. And when we think we are giving, we are actually receiving. I'm not sure if any of that made sense but I need to get ready for the Christmas program we are putting on tonight. I love you all, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Love,
the Windhorst family (Marie, Matt, Eliza, Eve)

No comments:

Post a Comment