Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dane and Camilla's Wedding, Doctor Visits, Racquetball

Greetings, Family!

Oh crud nutters! I was supposed to write a blurb last night but got in from basketball games too late. Here goes...

December was a blur. Dane and Camilla's wedding was the 27th. They both were absolutely giddy-in-love. Their children were also very happy to be together. We love Camilla and look forward to getting to know her better and spending time with her. She has a very sweet tender spirit. Thank you so much for the family members that were in town and able to attend. Thank you, also, to Bruce and Jean, for the use of your lovely and comfortable home. It was a great blessing to us.

Between my doctor visits and the wedding events, we kept busy for the 10 days we were in Utah. Both doctors (the vascular surgeon and knee surgeon) gave me the go-ahead to try racquetball again. I am extremely anxious to start playing but also very tentative. As I age, I find (surprisingly) a greater apprehension to "just going out there and doing it" - I have heard others express this attitude as they have aged as well, but I didn't think I would get there so soon (or at least in my mind). I am sure you will all remember me as I grew up, being so gung-ho and unafraid and barging ahead without regard to bodily harm. Well, it wasn't always the wisest thing and I guess I am just growing up.

Boyd and I are well. Life here in Joseph City continues to be pleasant and a huge blessing to us. Well, I'd best get this off to Ruth if it isn't too late.

Have a great month, fam!

Love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment