January 2014. Our baby Jane turns one this week! The year has flown by, as it is known to do. Jane has been walking around long enough that she can do a baby-toddling run. I love it! She is adorable. We just love everything she does, she helps us enjoy the small and simple pleasures of being a family. Like being at the dinner table. We often give her a turn to talk or be center of attention. It’s fun that we can all appreciate her babblings, smiles, and claps as much as hearing about Isaac's recess or whatever. We look forward to celebrating Jane's first birthday. She will be getting a new car seat!! Well, new to her anyway. Hooray!
Today is a busy day for us. Saturday. Joseph signed us up to clean the church. At the same time I am supposed to be at the church for our ward youth's first Annual Super Saturday planning meeting for the year. They are serving breakfast and all class presidencies are invited. Being in YW brings back so many memories of being a young woman. The youth will be doing all the planning so I get to take notes or something…maybe keep them on task…or just eat all the donuts! Then before that meeting is over Joseph will pick me up and we will attend Lydia's friend's baptism at the Stake center as a family. Then we have the afternoon to grocery shop, spray weeds, play, read, not sure what else we will get to. Tonight we will attend another baptism.
The most exciting thing around here has been the trampoline the kids got for Christmas. They are on it every day and often with friends. Our backyard is maybe 30 feet wide (less deep) and we have neighbors on both sides of us with young children. As soon as it was set up and we were jumping, the little hands and faces peeked over the cement walls we are all closed in by. "That looks fun!" says one. "Maybe we can jump too" says another. I love having an abundance of friends on our street. I really do! We had all the little peepers (5 of them) over one day and that seemed to be enough. They haven't begged to jump every day, like I feared. So the tramp has been fun!
Housekeeping advice…open your window blinds as soon as the sun is up every morning and leave them open all day long! I love light! I feel happy when my windows are open, my house feels cleaner, and I find motivation. Personal "pet peeve" I guess is going into a home that feels like a dark cave. I want to see outside; to know there is more to life than my own home. Let the light in! Feel the spirit and build the kingdom of God! So? If you are having a bad day, feeling a little down, tired, whatever. Start by opening your windows!! All of them!!
Love you all!
Amy DeGraw
No comments:
Post a Comment