Dear Family,
I remember submitting a ‘family letter’ in 1978 when I was eighteen. I never would have imagined that I would submit family letters for 36 years……..the power of “one month at a time”!
A recap on last month’s adventures doesn’t bring a whole lot to mind.
Some of the fun we had was when Curt turned 55, Abby 22, April 20, Avery 1, Isaac 10 and Megan turned 6. It was a flurry of birthdays and celebrations.
Conference was, of course, soul searching and wonderful. We were able to watch all or some of the sessions with Andrew, Willow, April, Alex, Abby, Travis, Marie, and Matt. During the priesthood session the ladies had a chance to have pedicures and go shoe shopping. I think the men did the traditional ice cream stop.
Every year when I get to watch the General R.S. meeting I always imagine the wonderful women from this big family watching along with me. This year I didn’t need to close my eyes to feel all you with me because I could look up and feel the reverence of Carole singing in the choir and Jean’s beautiful presence sitting on the stand representing the rest of you. That was awesome.
Other noteworthy events are Alex moving out from Syracuse and moving back to Provo. He has a full time job with his old group from the BYU grounds crew. They were anxious to have him back and Alex was anxious to have a little more going on in his life. He is moving forward and happy.
April will be staying in Provo for the summer. Our loss is their gain. She has had a great Winter semester. The three trombonists in our family have moved to the dark side and taken up ‘strings’. Following the example and encouragement of Andrew and Alex, Curt has taken up the guitar. I can hear him picking away every day while he is practicing his on-line guitar lessons.
Anne-Marie and I have been taking a ‘boot-camp’ exercise class together. The personal trainer and her four assistants are very young, highly covered in colored tattoos and some are in the military. Our initial thinking was “oh, no…what are we doing!” but the assistants are fun and very encouraging. It is tough and that’s an understatement. I haven’t seen any weight loss yet but we both feel stronger and we sure enjoy laughing at each other. We excel at holding the ‘plank’ position, facing each other while having to clap across to each other. Not sure if that image makes sense but if we don’t laugh, and we almost always do, it’s the one thing we do well.
With very little help Abby has been a flurry of sewing. With a week off of work she tackled sewing bumper pads, bed skirt and is moving on to valances and rugs. She is enjoying making a ‘home’.
The rest of my month was filled with Seminary, writing reports for Vocational Rehabilitation and job coaching.
We are looking forward to seeing more of the family with Brittany and then Clark’s wedding coming up soon. It’s a pretty nice perk to be living in Utah. Our offer still stands to each and every one of you. If Uncle Curt or I can be of service or support please feel comfortable in letting us know.
We love you all,
Aunt Susan & Uncle Curt
No comments:
Post a Comment