Saturday, April 19, 2014

Miserably Sick, Mr. Ryan "Mom", Jared's Friend, Soccer

Dear Family,

I’m sorry this is so late. I’ve been super sick and keep waiting until I feel better to write. I get grumpy when I’m sick and I didn’t want to send a real downer of a letter. But it doesn’t look like I’m going to be getting better anytime soon so I figured writing a family letter would be a nice change of pace since pretty much all I’ve done this past month is lay down and read or watch TV.

So yeah, things in the Keller home have revolved around me being sick. I don’t know exactly what I’ve got, but it looks and feels like an autoimmune disease like lupus. I’m impatiently waiting to get an appointment with a rheumatologist (which turns out is really hard to do). I haven’t been able to run, cook, clean, or do much of anything. I’m in pain almost all the time and am taking celebrex, tramadol, and a muscle relaxer for it (which helps somewhat). It feels like my body’s attacking itself from the inside and in short, I’m miserable.

Ryan’s going nonstop playing Mr. Mom, working, and serving in 2 callings at church. He teaches the 11 years in primary and is the cub master. He’s great at keeping us in clean clothes, making dinner (or picking something up on his way home from work), and getting Jared ready for school in the morning. He can’t tell the difference between my socks and Jared’s when he’s folding laundry, which tells you that Jared’s grown a lot and I wear very boyish socks. :)

Ryan walks the dog (MY dog) and cleans up the poop. He vacuums and cleans the bathrooms. When he’s done with all that he sometimes runs on the treadmill at night and tells me it was awful so I don’t get too jealous. It’s great having a husband who takes such good care of me, BUT I want to be the one taking care of him! And Jared. Did I mention I was grumpy?

Jared’s doing really well at school. Do you remember that bully he had trouble with? They’re friends now! Seems that once Jared decided not to sit by this kid at lunch anymore, a lot of other boys started sitting at the “girl table” too because they didn’t like the kid’s potty mouth either. One day Jared came home from school and told me that, “Christian told a joke today and it wasn’t even dirty! And it was funny!” After that the reports about Christian got better and better until one day Jared told me they were friends now. Ryan and I are so pleased with the way things have worked out.

Soccer season has started again for Jared and Ryan (he’s still the coach). They’ve had their 1st 2 practices of the spring and the 1st game is Sat. (which I’ll have to miss). Jared’s been playing a lot of soccer at school and it seems to be paying off. Jared is also really into Mixels (a Lego thing) and Minecraft. He recently discovered Calvin and Hobbes and Fox Trot and can often be heard giggling over something he read. And then of course he has to show us what was so funny. I used to love both comic strips so this has been fun for me as well and interesting because I now relate with the parent characters more than the kids.

That’s about it for this month. Sorry to be so short. I’m really tired and can’t think of anything else to write.

Love,
Sherry, Ryan, and Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment