My Dear Family –
So after another fun trip to Utah and beyond (can you say Kennewick, WA) I am home again. What fun the Aunties and Unclies had together. I got in on Wednesday, was met at the airport by my chauffeur, Aunt Julie. Aunt Chris was right behind me so off we went to Provo to see our children. On the way we got to stop and visit Ruth and her dog, Shadow, in her apartment before she had to go to work. She lives in a very nice place and seems very happy. Reid and Rachelle played host for Erika, Clark, Ali, Stewart, Cassie, Alex, we three aunts and sadly no Jean or April. Jean and April were working. The kids were great to play games, yes, even the dreaded Charades. They were great sports and beat the old folks rather well. I don’t want to hear about how much they hate to play that game. They were terrific! Then “home” to Aunt Jean’s house where we spent the night before taking off early the next morning. We picked up Aunt Susan, Uncle Dave and Aunt Carole in Syracuse via Aunt Julie’s van. Yes, there were seven of us and we did not bicker or fight but talked and talked until the cows came home. We stopped in Meridian, ID to sing to Spencer for his birthday. Lucky for me my family was willing to stop and even made up some fun verses to sing to him at work. Spencer didn’t act embarrassed that we were there (I guess he’s just gotten used to his family). Heather was great. She met us at Spencer’s work with Maximus so I got to see them for three minutes – I sure wish it could have been longer! Then on we went to Kennewick where Uncle Rob and Grandma Flora flew in pretty late so they could also celebrate Aunt Ann’s marriage to Lee. Friday found us going to the temple for the wedding, going to the church to help decorate for their open house, eating a lovely luncheon planned by her ward for her family, visiting her new home, going back to the church for the open house, and cleaning up after it was over. It was a long but lovely day. Saturday it was home again, home again jiggity-jig. Rob and Grandma went to the airport and the rest of us piled in the car to head for Utah. I looked longingly as we passed Heather, Spencer and Maximus on our way and really, I need to find a way to spend more time with them. I was home late Sunday night or should I say Monday morning but without my luggage as it never made the plane in Chicago.
The week before heading to the West, we had visitors. Bob’s family came to celebrate the marriage of their son, Robert, who was married in the Boston temple. That was another whirlwind week with us entertaining family, setting up in Boston for a reception, attending the marriage the following day and then taking the reception down. It is not that hard when you are not in charge. You just salute and say sure. It was wonderful to have two of his family come and spend some time in our home. At the same time Rob was coming to Connecticut for business. We had a bed for him and prevailed upon him to be the master griller as he has a knack for that kind of thing. The chicken was perfect! We thought we would eat outside but we shivered so much we headed in to warmer surroundings. The last two weeks have been wonderful.
I was in Kohl’s last night and could hardly contain myself. I was so lonely for my children and grandchildren. Don’t know why Kohl’s set it off. I think I was seeing all these daring clothes I would love to get them, but I don’t know their sizes any more, or what they stand in need of, and if just to send them something so they know I love them, I can do that. (sigh)
Best wishes and love to everyone! I love getting together and feeling of your strength and testimonies. I love hearing about your struggles and triumphs. I love the Lord and know that he helps me in all things, even singing time. J
Love, Uncle Bob and Aunt Ruth (& no Emma)
No comments:
Post a Comment