This week was a hot but a fantastic week! We had transfers, it was sad to leave my old area and all the friends I have made but I am so excited to make new ones and do the Lord’s work in Neiva. Here is what happened this week:
Monday: We headed to the church and had a ward activity, finally after 6 months of working with the ward to have one! Boy did it go well! We had over 100 people come, members, less actives, recent converts and investigators. We played all sorts of games, literally every person had a smile on their face. It was an amazing way to see the ward before I left. They were all togther, happy and united. It went from 2 until 7. There were people singing karaoke, it was hilarious to see them singing. It was great! We watched the movie of the Restoration with Hermana Victoria, Lida, Claribell and Hadalbert. When I bore my testimony the spirit filled the room the strongest I have felt in a long time, I bore with conviction and with all my heart. I couldnt hold back my tears. That is the most powerful I have bore my testimony. Everyone in the room couldn’t hold back their tears. The others shared their testimonies too. The spirit touched each and every one of us. I will never forget how I felt. Claribell gave me a poncho and jersey of Colombia, she and Hermana victoria are some of the most selfless people I know. All of them have become my family and I love them with all of my heart. I will truly miss them and all the other people I have come to love here. This is another one of those days I hope I will never forget. Who am I to recieve such grand blessings of the Lord? I have seen so many in my life, he is with me. I am finding out who I truly am.
Tuesday: Today was an early day. Got up and said bye to Hermana Victoria, Lida, Claudia and Johana. We headed to Quiroga and met with other missionaries going to Neiva. We went to terminal sur its like an airport except for buses and then were on our way. We had a 5 hour bus ride. 5 elders were with me. The scenery was more beautiful than La Mesa. When we arrived it was SO hot. Elder Wilson-from utah and Elder gavancho-peru are our new zone leaders. I am living with them, great guys. Our comps were waiting for us and we went to our houses. Our house is pretty big. We have 2 showers, 2 bathrooms and a mango tree in our back yard. We met some of the members, less active and investigators and got to know the area. I have been sweating like crazy all day but love it here! We use bikes here, its super fun! All the people here are great, kind of lazy but great! Elder Villazcrez is a great guy and so easy to work with. He has 14 months in the mission and is from peru. We have to sleep with fans its so hot. haha Im so excited to work here.
Wednesday: My new district leader is Elder Summers from Utah. He’s a great guy. We had lunch with Daniel’s family, a future missionary from uor ward. They have a beautiful house and the food they fed us was some of the best I have had on my mission. There were trees outside, we were on third story and iguanas were climbing up the tree, it was awesome! We went to the church and I got to know bishop Cifuentes. He’s a very nice guy and I’ve heard great things about him. He only has 2 fingers. Today was a great day, had 3 lessons, got to know the area and are getting to work! Its going to be a great transfer! There are huge cockroaches here, size of 3 quarters next to each other.
Thursday: We took our bikes and rode to Hermana Sanchezs house We always park them there. She use to live in Soacha so we talked about the ward and the members. She’s super nice! The mountains here look like utah mountains. Today it was overcast and boy was it a blessing! IT even started to rain!
Friday: We had a lesson with Andres today, hes so awesome! He does parkour. He likes a lot of the same things I do! He has plans to be baptized the 5th of July! We get along super well! It was overcast with wind, boy is the Lord blessing me. My favorit drink here now is gatorade and powerade. haha I love serving here, its hot but so great!
Saturday: I got up and got ready and felt super sick to my stomach. I went and laid down and was in bed pretty much until Sunday. My body was super sore and I could barely get up.
Sunday: Our church starts at 1:00, it was so hot! I got to know a lot of the ward, there are so many great people! Today we taught 3 lessons, gave 5 blessings, gave sacramaent and rescued a less active. We are working super hard. It was a day of accomplishment and was a fantastic day! The party San Pedro has started. It’s like a month long party here. All the people have started to drink and dance. Also Mundial, the big worldwide soccer cup in Brasil is about to start, its going to get crazy here because everyone is really into soccer!
This week was amazing! I have learned so much about the Lord’s work and still have so much to learn! I am so grateful for every moment I have to do his work and to improve. It is hot here in Neiva but I love it. I am so blessed to be here!
Love you all so much and have a fantastic week!!!
Elder Park


No comments:
Post a Comment