Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Christmas Cheer at the Windhorsts

December is here and I'm happy in a warm apartment. One of my favorite things to do in December is to watch the twinkling Christmas lights on our tree and the shapes it casts on the wall. It's pretty mesmerizing and very peaceful. This year the lights have taken on new meaning with the Light The World message. Our calendar was really exciting for me to start. After we put up our tree we talked about what being a light means and why we read about it in the scriptures. I've also been thinking about the timeline of our winter holidays. In November we are reminded to be thankful. In December we are urged to reach out to others with light and love, sharing much we have been grateful for. Then with January we commit ourselves to do better and carry the service and gratitude all year long. 

I'm grateful for all the good there is in the world and the opportunities we have to add to it. There is also so much need. I see so many people who need a friend. I wish there were 50 hours in each day and I could split myself in three. I think I would feel a lot more accomplished and at peace with what I am able to do. But it's good to learn and prioritize. Can you tell we had our FHE lesson today? My five year old taught it and did a fantastic job so a lot has been on my mind. 

Eliza continues to enjoy school and Eve is such a fun buddy to have at home. Matt is really working hard in the office. He's hired two people this month, we are crossing our fingers for a good outcome. 

Anyways, sure love you all. -Marie (Matt, Eve and Eliza)

No comments:

Post a Comment