Sorry we missed the past few months. The Windhorst family is doing well. Some people don't like Halloween - ahem, Aunt Ruth ;-) - but it is my favorite holiday! I love carving pumpkins, eating the roasted seeds, the cool air, dressing up to trick or treat, hay rides, corn mazes and so much more. Eliza had fun trick or treating and Matt was sweet to go wherever we wanted. We visited my parent's Haunted Cul-de-sac to end the night and stayed up watching TV and eating pizza. Life was grande.
We are trying hard to be the welcoming crew to new families moving in our complex. We don't get out of our shell much but it has been a great service opportunity as well as one to make new friends. We've always appreciated people like that in our past wards and hope we are paying it forward.
Matt is flying by with school. In one month he finished half a semester of credits - go Matt! Eve is growing well and so fast. Her smile is one of my favorite things, as well as each of her rolls. Eliza is also doing great. She loves going to school and is talking really well. She has been doing great with getting along with others and really makes Matt and my life well worth going through trials.
Despite going through trials as we all do, I am realizing that I am pretty content with life. We have been so blessed. I have a quote that pops up on my computer every time I log in. It says "the secret to having it all...is believing that you already do." I am starting to see how that is true. The hymn 'Count Your Many Blessings' teaches us that no matter what is going on there are always a million blessings. I have been trying to name some interesting ones at night during my prayers to remind myself how many there really are. Some of the blessings I have enjoyed lately and thought about have come through my senses. For instance, a soft squeaking coming from the other room tells me that Eliza is playing with a wooden toy bus we painted together. I love the breeze that comes through our front window, smelling of fires and dried leaves. I love how soft Eve's ears are and I've even started to smile when Matt snorts at night because knowing he's there makes me feel safe. I am so grateful for my many blessings. Sometimes the best blessings are the most simple and ones we take for granted. Like hearing Matt sing primary songs to Eve instead of watching his show on TV or see Eliza crouch down to say "Pay me, Ees?" (Play with me, Eve?) You are all some of my blessings.
Love you, have a great November!
Marie (Matt, Eliza and Eve)
No comments:
Post a Comment