Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Calm February


Dear Family,

Not much is happening around here….or so it seems.  Curt is busy with Scout board of reviews and helping Abby remake a farm-style kitchen table.  I am backing off from work hours for the week and getting things done at home.  We had everyone here, except April and Dan (sigh…) for last weekend mostly to celebrate Avery’s fourth birthday and Curt turned 58.  Avery took the younger ones to Kangaroo Zoo in North Salt Lake, a bounce house place, and they played their hearts out.  Lunch and Avery’s party goody bags kept them pretty happy! Saturday, we went to the Train Expo at the Ogden Union Station and then mostly played at home. 
Boyd and Julie took the guest room upstairs for the weekend while they were visiting with Boyd’s side of the family.  It was a true pleasure to be able to visit with them and see them this time they were in Utah.  Julie took home a van full of 8 X 10 rugs.  I think she is very serious about this moving thing!!
Carol, Jean and I had a VERY brief encounter when we met to see Aunt Marlene, Uncle Winslow and Duane. It is always good to get a ‘whiff’ of family roots and memories.  They are our last link to Mom.  We promised a quick visit and so it was before each of us had to run off to other commitments.
Looking on the calendar, we took advantage of free zoo day at Hogle Zoo.  It’s always fun to see the animals with little kids, even though we had to wear coats, hats and gloves that day.   For Valentine’s Day Curt ordered me a new sewing machine.  I felt bad that I finally was giving up on the ‘dial a stitch’ machine by New Home that mom bought me for my wedding.   I ordered a basic Janome, a model that my girls have, and I am very pleased.  When it was delivered, I saw that the logo printed on the machine says “Janome – New Home”.  Curt looked it up and Janome bought the New Home name!  That was kind of fun.  Now I have two New Home machines.  Currently Lydia, Megan and I are making travel pillow cases for the whole family.  They really enjoyed picking out fabric.  Just the right one for each person.  We spent 2 hours until they were able to agree on each choice.  They chose to give Avery her pillow and case at the birthday party.
Well, like I said, nothing dramatically exciting around here but I actually am very grateful for that.

We love you all,

Curt and Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment