March 3, 2017
Hello, Fam!
I still have a hard time writing '2017'! Time is flying by, and along with it, my wrinkles. I don't mind them, though. It's great to be a bit older and hopefully a bit wiser than in my younger years.
Boyd and I are moving... (before you raise your eyebrows and say, 'not-again') just to another home here in Joseph City. It's a bit bigger and will give us room to have our children and grandchildren stay with us, instead of having to rent hotel rooms in the neighboring town again. We are very excited. We close on the 30th of this month, and are going to do a little work on it, and move in sometime first of June or sometime around there. We're so excited, and sad at the same time. For those of you who have been back to our place in the last couple of years, will know why. We finally got our current home just the way we want it. Loved our yard, hot tub, GRASS, chicken coop, etc, and we love our ward. Even though it is only on the other side of town, it feels like a farther move than that. We don't know a lot of people in the other Ward and we have become very comfortable where we are. I'm sure things will be fine, however, we do love our little Joe City.
Boyd is trying to hang-in there at APS for 1 more year and 11 months. It is not his age that makes it difficult, it is the new (not so new after 6 years) management that have really shaken things up. But he will persist. We are ever so grateful for a job during these tenuous times. We are surely blessed.
I a, no longer on the School Board. My 4 years were up Jan. 1st and I opted to not throw my hat in the ring again. It was a very good experience and I treasure my time working with others from our school district. I am now a part of our County C.E.R.T. Team (Community Emergency Response Team). We were just trained in our Navajo County offices, on how to man the phones during a crisis. Further training will include medical help, guiding in helicopters as they land (I'm stoked about that training. It will be with real helicopters), deliveries to firemen/women during active fires, etc. I don't know all of the training that's coming up, but it's something I think I can do, and would enjoy. Every place I have lived I have tried to find volunteer work, whether it was tutoring/reading in the elementary schools, a literacy program for adults who were reading-challenged, etc, and have enjoyed working with others. I hope this next opportunity pans out, I am pretty excited about it.
Our callings as Pathway Missionaries are going well, very well. I admire and love our students who are trying to better themselves through this program. It has done great things for them, already. Many of them are not as acclimated to online-learning and computers as others, but it is wonderful to see them all working and helping each other. It is a great model for learning. With the new announcement from Pres. Uchdorf, it is amazing that the Pathway students will now be able to work towards degrees offered not only at BYUI, but all BYU schools, including BYU. Each college offers particular degrees, specific to their school. Pretty wonderful, indeed. The Lord sure is mindful of those who have not had, perhaps the advantages for education as others have had, and this is a great way for betterment...no ACT, no SAT, and minimal cost per credit, throughout their degree seeking process. All it takes it commitment, and desire (and a small amount of dinero...). This is offered worldwide.
I should report on Joy and Mikes little girl, Kaitlyn. Her brain surgery went very, very, very well. They removed a bit more from the bottom of her brain than they thought they would, took out the cyst, and all is well. She is just about back to normal. She should have no lingering effects, and you'd never know she had it at all. She's amazing, and so is her mom...just sayin'... Thank you all for your prayers and fasting, and thanks be to God for his watchful eye, for skillful surgeons, and for loving and helpful families.
With all of our learning, growing, developing in life, with all of our 'becoming', I am thankful to be 'thankful'. Just that act/feeling alone eases and soothes so many not-so-pleasant things that happens in life. I AM THANKFUL...
Much love,
Jules
Hello, Fam!
I still have a hard time writing '2017'! Time is flying by, and along with it, my wrinkles. I don't mind them, though. It's great to be a bit older and hopefully a bit wiser than in my younger years.
Boyd and I are moving... (before you raise your eyebrows and say, 'not-again') just to another home here in Joseph City. It's a bit bigger and will give us room to have our children and grandchildren stay with us, instead of having to rent hotel rooms in the neighboring town again. We are very excited. We close on the 30th of this month, and are going to do a little work on it, and move in sometime first of June or sometime around there. We're so excited, and sad at the same time. For those of you who have been back to our place in the last couple of years, will know why. We finally got our current home just the way we want it. Loved our yard, hot tub, GRASS, chicken coop, etc, and we love our ward. Even though it is only on the other side of town, it feels like a farther move than that. We don't know a lot of people in the other Ward and we have become very comfortable where we are. I'm sure things will be fine, however, we do love our little Joe City.
Boyd is trying to hang-in there at APS for 1 more year and 11 months. It is not his age that makes it difficult, it is the new (not so new after 6 years) management that have really shaken things up. But he will persist. We are ever so grateful for a job during these tenuous times. We are surely blessed.
I a, no longer on the School Board. My 4 years were up Jan. 1st and I opted to not throw my hat in the ring again. It was a very good experience and I treasure my time working with others from our school district. I am now a part of our County C.E.R.T. Team (Community Emergency Response Team). We were just trained in our Navajo County offices, on how to man the phones during a crisis. Further training will include medical help, guiding in helicopters as they land (I'm stoked about that training. It will be with real helicopters), deliveries to firemen/women during active fires, etc. I don't know all of the training that's coming up, but it's something I think I can do, and would enjoy. Every place I have lived I have tried to find volunteer work, whether it was tutoring/reading in the elementary schools, a literacy program for adults who were reading-challenged, etc, and have enjoyed working with others. I hope this next opportunity pans out, I am pretty excited about it.
Our callings as Pathway Missionaries are going well, very well. I admire and love our students who are trying to better themselves through this program. It has done great things for them, already. Many of them are not as acclimated to online-learning and computers as others, but it is wonderful to see them all working and helping each other. It is a great model for learning. With the new announcement from Pres. Uchdorf, it is amazing that the Pathway students will now be able to work towards degrees offered not only at BYUI, but all BYU schools, including BYU. Each college offers particular degrees, specific to their school. Pretty wonderful, indeed. The Lord sure is mindful of those who have not had, perhaps the advantages for education as others have had, and this is a great way for betterment...no ACT, no SAT, and minimal cost per credit, throughout their degree seeking process. All it takes it commitment, and desire (and a small amount of dinero...). This is offered worldwide.
I should report on Joy and Mikes little girl, Kaitlyn. Her brain surgery went very, very, very well. They removed a bit more from the bottom of her brain than they thought they would, took out the cyst, and all is well. She is just about back to normal. She should have no lingering effects, and you'd never know she had it at all. She's amazing, and so is her mom...just sayin'... Thank you all for your prayers and fasting, and thanks be to God for his watchful eye, for skillful surgeons, and for loving and helpful families.
With all of our learning, growing, developing in life, with all of our 'becoming', I am thankful to be 'thankful'. Just that act/feeling alone eases and soothes so many not-so-pleasant things that happens in life. I AM THANKFUL...
Much love,
Jules
No comments:
Post a Comment