Dear Family,
I’d like to thank Dave and Megumi for hosting this year’s Thanksgiving in Heber. I so much enjoyed catching up with some of the cousins. Dave, Meg, Carole, John, Curt and I represented the older set while the rest of the 40 or so people were cousins. We got to see Paulette, Erika, Reid and his best friend Rachell (sp?), Stewart, Jean, Connie, Brittany, Dave O., Nichole, J.C. , Becki (and lots of very cute and well behaved grandkids), and I had better include Andrew, Willow, Willow’s brother Andrew, Marie, Matt, Abby, and April. Thank you all for a great time. We kept Paulette for ourselves to play with for the rest of the Thanksgiving weekend and enjoyed her company very much.
We had a chance to host Curt’s Syracuse Art guild Holiday brunch once again this year. It’s kind of a good thing because it forces us to get Christmas trimmings out early. They are a very nice group of people and it is fun to see what they have created when they participate in the ‘white elephant’ event. Curt has been substituting as the Jr. Primary chorister for the past several weeks. As much as he says he doesn’t ‘connect’ and is ‘out of his element’ he gets raving reviews from teachers and kids. One little girl attended our primary while visiting her grandparents. The following week she asked her grandparents if she could go back to that primary where the singing man does magic tricks.
The only thing new with me is I am helping to open a new restaurant on Hill Air Force Base. The small restaurant I have been training clients at has become so popular that they are taking over an existing restaurant that is at least 5x’s bigger. That means more adults with disabilities can get jobs and more training needed. I have requested that another job coach be assigned to assist me. Imagine making sugar cookies with lots of kids that need direction and having to multi task while keeping an eye on what is going on….that is my job. Not terribly important on a big scale but if one more person has a job where they can feel successful and needed it is worth it.
April will return from her first semester at BYU a little shell shocked and worn. She has been feeling a little less prepared for the rigors of college. Much like a boxer in a fight we’ll have a chance over the Christmas break to wipe the sweat off her brow, pump her up with confidence and send her back into the ring.
Abby has transferred from Weber University back to BYU-Idaho but will continue her studies on line. She is SO into planning her wedding and knows what she is looking for. She will be sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on February 22 and her reception will be at the church next to our home. There are lots of projects going on at home right now.
Alex’s wife, Ashley has had her entire large intestine removed on December 5. She is going to be in the hospital longer than anticipated because of a few setbacks. Ashley’s mother, Cheri was able to come from California and has been staying with Alex and Ashley at the hospital. Although this is a serious surgery Ashley has struggled for so long with her digestive system that she is looking forward to a ‘more normal’ life.
J.C. says that you know it is a Barrus letter because everyone closes with their testimony. Well I wouldn’t want to break tradition….I have been VERY grateful to have studied the Book of Mormon this year. ‘I know the Book of Mormon is true’ – seems to be a weak and trite statement but I mean this in the greatest sense and say it with the deepest of sincerity. I am grateful for everything he has commanded me not to do. How kind he is to warn me of those things that will bring me unhappiness. I am grateful for everything he has commanded me to do. I am slower at learning these things.
Thanks for being our family,
Uncle Curt and Aunt Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment