Dear Family,
It’s been a quiet month attending to church callings and work. Curt turned 55 this month and received a long-hoped for pile of mulch to go under the swing set that shares his fruit tree space. While Curt was away attending to a Stake Youth Conference Alex and I wheel-barreled and spread the twelve yards of play bark to the back yard. As you can guess, Alex was the real muscle involved. The rest of the kids were just as thoughtful and sent the most creative Happy Birthdays his way.
Abby and Travis moved into their new home in Clinton which is about four miles north of Syracuse. Travis will be continuing his schooling and most likely his profession in this area so they felt ready to take on the challenge. They were able to paint and get a few small repairs done before moving their stuff in. Andrew is our resident roofing expert since he roofed for a summer after his mission so this Saturday they will be up on the roof making some minor repairs. Except for a car that keeps breaking down on an average of once a week - their lives are moving forward and they are learning lots. Abby is having a boy - YIPPEE! Now we'll have two grandsons.
April is on top of things this semester at BYU. She has done a great job focusing on classes as well as serving as a counselor in the Relief Society. Socializing and leading other women has not been her favorite thing in the past. She has been in charge of several big spiritual events this semester and has been able to be a support to the young women in her ward. April has already decided to stay at BYU this spring and through the summer. She probably heard that Curt and I are going to try to hike some of Utah's highest peaks this summer and wants to opt out.
Alex is being dutiful and working at the Tanner Clinic in the collections department. He absolutely hates this job. He is counting down the days until he will return to BYU mid-April. His boss on the grounds crew has held a position for him and he will be able to get 40 hrs. per week until the end of summer. He will be trading in his old roommates - Curt and I- for the every moving and exciting life of BYU. Alex and Stewart will be roommates. Alex started Curt and I watching the show "Lost". Perhaps we'll have it finished by mid-April.
Andrew and Willow came up last weekend and let us celebrate Avery's first birthday with them. She fits in with all the other incredibly adorable granddaughters we have. She LOVES to dance while Andrew plays his guitar. Andrew gave her some drum sticks he had and she was in heaven. They gave her a mini drum set...sounds silly I know, but Avery loves it and it is so cute.
I'll let Amy and Marie fill you in on their lives. They do pretty well contributing to the family letters!!!! Life is not without its challenges but we feel SO incredibly blest with all that is right in our lives that it is hard to kneel down and ask for more. I know that God is in control. Being covenant people puts us in positions that compel growth. Sometimes I really don't want to do what is asked. But then I know in my heart that if the Lord asks me, then I know he will help me. And then...that is that.
We love you all - Aunt Susan & Uncle Curt
No comments:
Post a Comment