Okay, you can go to sleep now. Who wants to hear about the mountains of snow and ridiculously cold weather that Connecticut offered this year? Boring! It sounds like the last three winters we have lived through here. All I can say is, thank you, Emma, for shoveling and shoveling and shoveling the last three winters. With Bob gone so much of the time, if I had to do it myself I would have literally died or ended up in hospital. (I think I have been watching too many British shows lately). Whoever invented the snow blower, God bless you. Seriously. And speaking of British shows, you can watch several on simplyjune.org for free. I really like Call the Midwife. They also have Downton Abby, Sherlock and others. I wish they had Skylark to Candleford. Jean got me hooked on that series. Where is good American television when you need it? I think that it’s funny that all the Americans are ga-ga over British mini-series but the Americans have yet to plug into that venue of entertainment – where the dilemma is more about people’s relationships and how to have good ones, verses how to kill each other. I watched a new show on NBC or ABC, I don’t know which last night called Believe. I was sorely disappointed. Too much violence.
As primary chorister I am exhausted. It is a different exhausted than being YW president. I find it hard to work on my own. I much preferred working with others. I knew what we were doing a month in advance; now I know what I’m doing Sunday morning the night before. Pathetic. Each week I have to spend several hours making visual aids (I am a visual learner and studies have shown that most children are also) and there was little passed down. The last chorister didn’t do anything fun but just focused on the song for the month so the kids really didn’t like singing very much. It was always the same thing week after week – lectures and a little singing. My style is a little different. I like to sing as many different songs as possible with fun thrown in here and there. This past Sunday all we had to sing was the 6th and 7th Articles of Faith (I only had ten minutes, and that is just not enough time) but the kids did pretty well with my beautiful visuals. I did spell “pastor” incorrectly on my poster. Can you believe it? I think my brain goes on vacation periodically, but I will fix it this week. So, what was your favorite Primary song?
Aunt Chris and I are taking an Old Testament class from BYUI this semester. And I don’t know where I have been the last 50 years, (okay, make that 60) but I have never read the Old Testament before. I had no idea that the history of the children of Israel parallels the history of the Nephites. Incredible. So, this week we learned about how we need to keep ourselves clean from the world. When the children of Israel “cleaned” out Canaan they were not obedient to the way the Lord wanted it cleaned, and so cursed themselves. Lesson learned – Do things the Lord’s way, don’t try to second guess or rationalize away or put our own thoughts and reasons above God’s reasons for doing things. We will never regret putting Him first though it may not be logical. End of lecture.
Love to all. I am so impressed with the caliber of grandchildren we have been blessed with. As I watch this next family reunion come together, it was wonderful to sit back and see how capable and organized this is going to be. You guys are awesome! Can you come live in my ward?
Love,
Bob and Ruth and no Emma Jane-Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment