Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Robin Hood, New Zealand Fundraiser, New Year's Even Party, ACN

Dear Family,

Life continues to go on in the Barrus household … as Marianne describes below …

Dear family,

FEBRUARY

Last month our family celebrated Mom and Dad’s anniversary. Dad cooked dinner (Mom’s favorite – Vietnamese) and gave mom a massage night for their anniversary. Marianne and Hannah performed their Robin Hood play on the 28th of February. WE HAD A LOT OF ROBIN HOOD PRACTICES! We have all been trying to help Lillian with her fundraiser so she can go to New Zealand with Dr. David Glen Hatch. She is selling frozen cookie dough, bird nest pendants, and 3D temple puzzles. In activity days we had a daddy & daughter activity that was a lot of fun! We did it based on the Olympics. We did minute-to-win-it games. Hannah had a dance recital and looked really cute in her costume. Marianne and Hannah went to Suzuki graduation. Marianne graduated from book 3 and Hannah graduated from the twinkles!

JANUARY

We kicked off our new year with Lillian’s friends. They came and celebrated a New Year’s Eve party with us! We had cookies, popcorn, rootbeer floats, chips, and a lot of fireworks that the boys played with. We played card games, board games, gestures, and the Wii. There were like 4 boys and 2 girls. It was crazy! T.J. did basketball and Lillian did a concert at the tabernacle with the orchestra. I’m so glad that everyone was able to come. I enjoyed seeing you. Lillian went to youth conference for 2 nights and came home really tired without any sleep.

Ok … I’ll try and see if I can’t think of anything else to share that has happened this past month. Thomas finished his basketball season and just finished the requirements for his Bear badge. Megumi had the activity day girls making pizza for their families. Lillian still has a lot to earn but, thanks to some generous individuals, was able to make her first down payment for her New Zealand trip. She is worried (?) that if she doesn’t earn the rest she will forfeit the significant NON REFUNDABLE deposit. But she has worked hard. Megumi also made her deposit to accompany Lillian. I (David) changed my front brake pads thanks to some encouragement from ACN (Atlanta Car Ninja). I hadn’t done it since I was 16 in auto shop at Bountiful High but I don’t know why I’ve been paying to have it done - $25 in parts and less than 30 minutes. That stands in contrast to Lillian getting her braces off - $5500 and a couple years. But she has an electric smile. Hannah has become an excellent reader and entertains me with stories most nights either from Curious George or Little Critter. Marianne was elected to the school government and people and subjects still come easy to her. Despite me (David) ruffling a few feathers in the school district, the kids seem to be doing fine – performing academically and loved by their teachers (perhaps the teachers feel sorry for them?). We have enjoyed the warmer weather but have not gotten as much done in the yard as we should have.

I am excited to see Ann in June as well as drive up with my sisters. I wish you were going to be with us, Robert. I’m liable to have my nails painted by the time I arrive in Kennewick.

Love,
David, Megumi, Lillian, Marianne, Thomas, and Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment