Not much to report for February and it seemed to “pass in a flash” (why do those two or three “missing” days in the second month seem to make such a difference?).
I spent lunchtime with Ruthie on Valentine’s Day, where she caught me up on the happenings in her life and made me feel—at intervals—young and also very old. She had adopted a dog the day before, too, and I was privileged to meet the very cute Shadow. I love Ruthie’s enthusiasm!
February must have been “Felsted” month for me, because Erika met me on a Thursday afternoon to attempt a repair of a very bad haircut. Her magic fingers combed and snipped as we chatted, and an hour later, I left with even layers and a smile on my face.
I am singing in the choir for the Women’s General Broadcast on March 29th. A friend applied for me while we were in Hawaii in January; out of 12,000+ applicants, I was selected, and I have been trekking to a stake center in Centerville each Sunday afternoon/evening for a two hour choir rehearsal. The choir director, Emily Wadley, is an amazingly talented woman. She has the ability to draw the best out of each of us, help us correct our mistakes and feel the spirit of each of the selections without being demeaning. And she has a gift for connecting with each of the 345 sisters in the choir. At each of our rehearsals, we are also privileged to have the company of members of the three general auxiliary presidencies and their boards. It was a delightful surprise a couple of weeks ago to glance in the foyer and see our very own Jean Bingham there! This whole experience has been a marvelous one.
Came across this gem from President Hinckley the other day. He was such an optimist.
“Don’t be gloomy…Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face…Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” Great advice, and he is right; there IS sunlight amidst the storms and challenges of life.
How we love you, each one. Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
Aunt Carole and Uncle Johnny
February must have been “Felsted” month for me, because Erika met me on a Thursday afternoon to attempt a repair of a very bad haircut. Her magic fingers combed and snipped as we chatted, and an hour later, I left with even layers and a smile on my face.
I am singing in the choir for the Women’s General Broadcast on March 29th. A friend applied for me while we were in Hawaii in January; out of 12,000+ applicants, I was selected, and I have been trekking to a stake center in Centerville each Sunday afternoon/evening for a two hour choir rehearsal. The choir director, Emily Wadley, is an amazingly talented woman. She has the ability to draw the best out of each of us, help us correct our mistakes and feel the spirit of each of the selections without being demeaning. And she has a gift for connecting with each of the 345 sisters in the choir. At each of our rehearsals, we are also privileged to have the company of members of the three general auxiliary presidencies and their boards. It was a delightful surprise a couple of weeks ago to glance in the foyer and see our very own Jean Bingham there! This whole experience has been a marvelous one.
Came across this gem from President Hinckley the other day. He was such an optimist.
“Don’t be gloomy…Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face…Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.” Great advice, and he is right; there IS sunlight amidst the storms and challenges of life.
How we love you, each one. Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
Aunt Carole and Uncle Johnny
No comments:
Post a Comment