Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Stake YW, Girls Camp Planning, $3,000,000 Project, Clark and Ali's Wedding

Dear Family,

Yes, I am old, so I will say it, again...I can't believe it is March already! It seems like I just keep doing the same ol', same ol' ~ and life goes faster and faster. My calling in the Stake YW's continues to keep me busy. We have a trek this year, and the ever-wonderful girls camp! We are in high gear visiting and teaching at the ward and branch conferences, which is something I enjoy doing very much. I love to mingle with the girls and listen to their adventures in life. They have prepared some great New Beginnings thus far this year, but I could do without the dances. The music is well done and appropriate but I find I am pooped by 11pm.

I am super excited for girls camp this year (I had to miss last year due to breaking my knee last year ~ so that has heightened my excitement for this year), anyway, our keynote speaker is going to be a deaf woman who is physically quite beautiful, however, she had a rough go of it, growing up trying to fit in. She was made fun of quite a bit and as you can imagine, those with impairments are often fodder for ridicule. She is going to share her story of growing up and "Being Your Own Kind of Beautiful", that is, paying more attention to the inner beauty, the Christ-like beauty that lies within each of us individually and also to see it in others. For the past two years, we as a stake have taught the girls to sign a particular song to go along with our yearly theme. This year is no different. I chose the song, "When People See Me", by Jenny Phillips. It is a song about wanting others to see the light of Christ as they see us. I think it will go beautifully with her topic. As I go visit the wards and branches and teach it, the girls are so quick and responsive. We have a special twist if you will, a surprise for our guest speaker. When she finishes her remarks, we are planning on having the girls stand and sign her the song. One of the things the guest speaker shared when she was asked to speak was that she was often frustrated when music is played, because she often, cannot participate nor understand what is being sung. Hopefully this will help fill that bucket and the girls can show their appreciation for her coming to share her testimony and story.

This is probably boring, because I always write about the same things ~ church callings, and school board stuff. I am anxious (not in a good way) about tonight's board meeting. We are deciding to commit (or not), to a 3 million dollar project. That is a huge thing for a community this size! Most of us on the board are for the project, but I have been praying that The Lord will help the board and administration see things that perhaps we have not seen before or understand things that we need to understand, if this is something that would be detrimental to the fiscal security of the community. All we can do is our best, eh? I am grateful to serve on a board with people who are generally unselfish and truly want the best for the community. They are good people.

Boyd enjoys his "bishoping" most of the time. I still miss him a lot and wish I could be more of a support in the little things he needs to do. Things are still way-tough at the power plant but he is hanging in there. I have always been so grateful for him being such a cognizant and faithful provider for our family and their needs. He is a hero in my eyes for this for sure. It is not easy, going out and seeing that our needs are met. He has always taken that assignment given to men, from the Lord, very seriously.

Boyd and I are very excited for the upcoming wedding of Clark and Ali. We love her and are so excited to meet her family as well. They are planning to marry in the Salt Lake temple on May 10th. Clark and Ali are trying to get addresses in a particular format which they could print out easily. (If you would like to help with their effort, click the link below and enter your address.

: >)

[Clark Jacoby DAvis

Just so everyone knows, if you just click the link below, posted by my lovely fiance, then you'll be brought to our page on postable.com. If you then post your address there, then the website will organize them for us and allow us to print mailing labels directly from the website (making ours lives much simpler). Thanks ]

https://www.postable.com/aliandclark

Life is good. Looking forward to seeing many of you in May, June and of course, next year at the reunion : >

Love,
Julie (mom, grandma, aunt, sister, etc.)

"This is the day which The Lord hath made. We will rejoice and be glad in it". Be grateful for each and every day we have on this earth and for all things given us of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment