Yes, a letter is due, I must say, from the north western corner of the United States. A lot has happened these past few months. First, Lee and I spent a week in Texas for Christmas. No......we did not tract snow to Texas this time as last year. We got to see San Francisco from the air both Blanding and leaving. What a fantastic view of the Golden Gate Bridge above the waters. It looks so massive across the waters.
January found us preparing for my impending move out of the house. Although the actual sorting, throwing away, give away and packing process did not take place until February, there were lots to discuss and decisions to make. My realtor came over and appraised me on what needed to happen for a successful, quick sale. Then, I had to have a house meeting with my roommates to discuss details which were going to affect all of us. I had to prayerfully consider where to bunk during the months ahead after clearing out of the house. Those answers came with such clarity I was humbly amazed. Interestingly, my RS President and home teacher came to the same conclusions when discussing it with them.
February has been a whirlwind of activity. My roommates all found suitable housing. Two of them went to the home of an LDS couple. I hope they do well there, although I do worry some regarding one of the ladies. As patient as I tried to be, I found this particular lady manipulative and insensitive to expectations at times. I decided to be very general in my recommendations to the new couple and let this woman's actions speak for themselves. Either she will change or find herself out on the street. The most disappointing thing at the end was her attempting to take my iron without asking. She bugged me for two days regarding it, saying you don't need two irons when married. That wasn't the point: asking not bugging was more appropriate. Lee and I finally decided to not press the issue and just let her have it. It wasn't worth the aggravation.
This past month was overwhelming! If it hadn't been for some very dear friends who came to the rescue I never would have gotten out by the end of February. It took prodding to get one roommate's things out of the garage so I could even clean the garage. When the men finally came on March 1st (there were THIRTEEN that showed up), I had the house emptied and Lee's filled in less than two hours. My high priest group leader was very impressed with my readiness and organization so things went where they needed to go, complete with signs on the walls of the house moving into. I'll give them and myself a pat on the back any day for that compliment.
If you have ever had the privilege of serving as a ward music chairman two things that one learns is extreme patience with those around you and lots of flexibility. When we haven't had someone called to be chorister, pianist or choir director guess who steps in? You do per bishopric request! It has truly been an eye opener in so many regards. I've even learned that even though the Lord gave me and the bishopric the same impression as to who to call to fill a particular position, it can and does get turned down! Wow!! The first time it happened I thought I had gotten the wrong answer until the Bishop told me they had felt good about someone, but that it's agency at work. That's why it's so important as President Benson once reiterated we as members need to seek personal revelation to receive the same answers before just saying no.
March, I hope, will settle down so I can concentrate on unpacking and finishing wedding plans. And of course.........I get to keep working so I can continue to pay the bills. What a novelty that is. Bills keep coming "until we leave this frail existence". Isn't that amazing? We get to owe people until our return to Heavenly Father. Ha! Ha!
Well, I think that catches me up for a while. Not as newsy as the rest of you with your travels and such, but, it does suffice. Take care everyone and know that you are thought of everyday. Keep smiling, remember the importance of covenants and nourish your testimonies daily. I know I'm able to have a stronger faith when I do.
Much love,
Ann (&Lee)
No comments:
Post a Comment